Random crashes starting today

HungryHamster

Problem:

- Starting today my PC will disconnect from Display port and the fans on my gfx card will go to 100%. I then have to reboot. This usually happens 1 minute after gaming or after about 20 mins of watching video.

I haven't changed anything until this started happening except for updating my ASUS Armoury Crate to the newest version yesterday which I did without issue. Since this issue started happening today I have tried updating Windows and gfx card drivers.

I'm not sure what the issue could be. It seems like probably something with the gfx card? I'm looking in Event Viewer and have found a few things that happen before the crash, but I'm not sure which one I'm looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Without some info on what event viewer was showing no one has any idea what to look for?

just copy and paste the errors into a post so that people can then try to assist you.

Just guessing right now but try removing armoury crate and see if the issue persists ?

2 minutes ago, johnno23 said:

Without some info on what event viewer was showing no one has any idea what to look for?

just copy and paste the errors into a post so that people can then try to assist you.

Just guessing right now but try removing armoury crate and see if the issue persists ?

Thanks for your response. Should I be looking in system events or application events?

It looks like I got this error event in system:

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
CMDre 0000004c 00003ffc ffffffff 00000007 ffffffff

nvlddmkm GPU related driver could be trying to use a function from a library usually that would be dll file and that function that should be in that library is not found

It could be due to the library being outdated, corrupt or simply missing.

You try running DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Download the DDU run the app.

Download the latest drivers for the GPU. do not install.

restart the computer. Do not shutdown and boot but restart as it will be a clean boot and not just resuming where you left off.

Once the PC has restarted and you are logged in then install the latest driver updates for you GPU.

See if that fixes the issue.

Possibly the update to armoury crate caused a hiccup and in the process the GPU drivers might have gotten effected.

Another thing to try as it has been known to help some people is to turn off Hardware scheduling/acceleration

The link blow will let you see how to turn it on or off. It might help but at this point I have no other ideas that might solve the issue other than what i have already mentioned.

https://techcult.com/how-to-enable-or-disable-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling-on-windows-11/

19 hours ago, johnno23 said:

I completely uninstalled armoury crate and that seems to have fixed the issue. No crashes since I uninstalled it. If for some reason it starts happening again, I will definitely try the other things you recommended. Thanks again for your help.