accidentally flashed an older bios version...

number332

specs: mobo - aorus b550m pro-p rev 1.0

cpu - ryzen 5700x

mem - corsair lpx 16gb x 2

gpu - gigabyte rtx 3060ti

psu - corsair rm 850x

so im just dumb with this one, accidentally used the gigabyte app to 'update' my bios from the internet (was on the second latest bios, f15c or d, forget which but its still on the site. f16 is the latest at the time of writing this and what i was trying to get)

got to the flashing window in the bios and found the bios but i didnt realize it was f14 馃槙

well, low and behold, doesnt wanna boot for me now (par say)

so i tried q flash with the correct bios, didnt seem to do anything but i could just be using the wrong usb stick (its a 16gb Onn cheapo that does and has worked when i flash normally via bios).

decided to just clear the cmos (popped the battery out for an hour, discharged with no power cord and with the power cord in but off) but that didnt seem to work.

so this is where my old stoner brain just gave up and now im here lol

i apologize if ive gone too long or if i missed anything and appreciate any help in advance

for context i wasnt doing anything out of the ordinary and the pc has run fine since i installed windows (for the thousandth time like most of us lol).

was simply doing updates and randomly (stoned of coarse) decided to try it a different way 馃槙 so please feel free to giggle at my misfortune lol

you have bios flashback on that board so in theory, you can just stick the usb in and press the button on the rear i/o...even without a cpu in

59 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

you have bios flashback on that board so in theory, you can just stick the usb in and press the button on the rear i/o...even without a cpu in

thank you for getting back to me so quick 馃檪

yes, board should have it but pressing qflash does nothing, holding聽it does nothing either 馃槙 but that lead me to just circumvent that and pull out the cmos battery (could not find the pins to clear it so i just pulled it), set it aside for at least an hour to be overly cautious and when i popped it back in it was still having the issue.

so i cant log into windows or even see the post screen at the moment...tried giving it some time to just, respond, still no; tried moving ram around and in different configs, nadda.

the video is a little helpful tho, ty for that...the part where he's explaining the gigabyte app for windows, and the bios updater specifically, THAT is what i did and the same issue i had, i just didnt catch it till it was 'installed'.

still should have booted i presume but this is where i get kinda lost, cuz it didnt, gave it plenty of time to do its thing after too but, alas

again, hope im not rambling and this is helpful information, and also again ty for the help, i super appreciate it\you

When you pulled the cmos battery, did you remove the wall power cable from psu? if not do that and remove battery (only 5 mins) but press pc start button a few times (even hold down for a few secs) to discharge any residue power.

If the above does not work/ has already been done, try removing the cpu and then flashing bios from rear.

gonna try tomorrow, work in the a.m, will update with findings

thank you again 馃檪

sorry so late to respond.

'fixed' the issue AND bought a new board lol

I'm at work right now so hard to explain much but basically it just needed an older chip to get into the bios to then update 'properly' lol