Slow program starting since win 11

MarioRogue

So little backstory.
I have upgraded my old PC to a whole new spec but kept the SSD with the operation system on it because I am still using that drive and didn't feel like re-installing the windows and transferring everything out of the ssd
When upgrading the new PC starting with the windows 10, everything was working just fine firing up quickly and didn't notice anything different
The issue started few days after running Windows 11, I have started noticing that launching programs may take up few seconds which always was instant
For example the top two things I use and noticed it was
vscode
Remote desktop
It does do it to other programs too, but those two takes the longest, but sometimes they are instant so I honestly don't understand it anymore
I have tried googling the issue but came to no result, all results I have found is about windows itself slow loading (boot up system) which is not a problem in my case

My specs are:

• Windows 11 Pro 64 bit - V 10.0.22621 Build 22621
  • ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING
  • Intel i7 - 13700k
  • Kingston FURY RENEGADE RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16
  • Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti GAMING OC BLACK 11G
  • Kingston SUV500M8240G (222GB) boot drive
  • Samsung SSD 980 Pro (2tb)
  • Western Digital Caviar Black WD4005FZBX 4TB
  • Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum HX1200

Every time you upgrade to new version of Windows, it's recommended to do a clean installation. Because upgrade leaves a lot of stuff from previous version of Windows and know to cause problems later.

So, if you want to fix all possible issues and start fresh, just do clean install. It will save you a lot of time in future.

2 things.

1, as stated above, do clean fresh installs of the OS to avoid any issues.

2, if your sure its W11 causing the slow down ...dont use W11.

W11 has arbitrary restriction added to force older hardware to upgrade when not actually necessary, it is also technically slow than W10, though only marginally. 

They both are noticeably slower than custom variations of W10 and W11 with the bloat and telemetry stripped out.

If you really want tip top performance, using the default bloated version isnt the way.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

6 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

2 things.

1, as stated above, do clean fresh installs of the OS to avoid any issues.

2, if your sure its W11 causing the slow down ...dont use W11.

W11 has arbitrary restriction added to force older hardware to upgrade when not actually necessary, it is also technically slow than W10, though only marginally. 

They both are noticeably slower than custom variations of W10 and W11 with the bloat and telemetry stripped out.

If you really want tip top performance, using the default bloated version isnt the way.

What good version of W11 would you suggest? is Tiny11 would be a good path?

9 minutes ago, MarioRogue said:

What good version of W11 would you suggest? is Tiny11 would be a good path?

Personally I don't use W11.

I currently use W10 Ghost Specter. There is however a W11 version of Ghost Specter available.

They are indeed similar to Tiny11, being noticeably smaller in size, RAM usage, and ofc faster. But ofc there will likely be some broken and/or removed features, some of which can be re-enabled using 'ghost Toolbox' which is part of the Ghost Specter versions of Windows.

You could also try that program LTT showed off in a recent video that does similar 'clean up' of windows on a default installation (after installation), rather than using a custom ISO like Ghost Specter, how good the results are vs Ghost Specter however I have no clue.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

19 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Personally I don't use W11.

I currently use W10 Ghost Specter. There is however a W11 version of Ghost Specter available.

They are indeed similar to Tiny11, being noticeably smaller in size, RAM usage, and ofc faster. But ofc there will likely be some broken and/or removed features, some of which can be re-enabled using 'ghost Toolbox' which is part of the Ghost Specter versions of Windows.

You could also try that program LTT showed off in a recent video that does similar 'clean up' of windows on a default installation (after installation), rather than using a custom ISO like Ghost Specter, how good the results are vs Ghost Specter however I have no clue.

As far as what I was told, W11 is good the efficiency cores or something, a thing that w10 doesn't really utilize is that true?

19 hours ago, MarioRogue said:

As far as what I was told, W11 is good the efficiency cores or something, a thing that w10 doesn't really utilize is that true?

Wouldn't know to be honest.