PC HAVING FPS ISSUES IN GAMES IT SHOULD RUN JUST FINE

Hi to you reading this, i have a problem i need help with. I have a GTX 960 2GB that was given to me by a friend, together with an i7-2600k, a 450W PS, 16GB of ram, a motherboard, a case, and a few fans, I installed those in my own motherboard and started Valorant, my frame rate before was not great, but it was playable and stable, now with the new components, I can't figure out why, but the frame rate is all over the place, it's not stable at all and it's under-performing comparing to the experiences my friend had with the same rig, I mainly play valorant and that should be a game this computer can handle just fine, but no, just standing has the framerate going from 90 to 40 every 3 seconds, and when people shoot me, the game freezes for instances, after some research, i found out something must be bottlenecked, I reinstalled my old core i5-2500 and indeed the game played out better, but the FPS were still unstable, and players shooting or even me shooting, still caused the FPS to lower, anyway my friend didn't have any of this issues before. I play at 900p 75Hz (Monitor is 1080p75hz) with FPS lock in-game at 73fps and still the game is not stable, my motherboard is cheap, but i used it because my motherboard used a different cable the PSU had support to, my friend had to use an adapter, so i preferred to use my motherboard who had a normal (i think it was a 6 pin connector) and fitting connector completely supported by the PSU instead of using the adapter to use the motherboard he gave me, so... should i install the motherboard he gave me with the adapter, maybe it is my motherboard causing this, or is this a lost cause? I only have enough thermal paste for another application and I wanted to be sure if it's worth changing the motherboard and installing the i7-2600K. will it make a difference?

34 minutes ago, Caravela said:

Hi to you reading this, i have a problem i need help with. I have a GTX 960 2GB that was given to me by a friend, together with an i7-2600k, a 450W PS, 16GB of ram, a motherboard, a case, and a few fans, I installed those in my own motherboard and started Valorant, my frame rate before was not great, but it was playable and stable, now with the new components, I can't figure out why, but the frame rate is all over the place, it's not stable at all and it's under-performing comparing to the experiences my friend had with the same rig, I mainly play valorant and that should be a game this computer can handle just fine, but no, just standing has the framerate going from 90 to 40 every 3 seconds, and when people shoot me, the game freezes for instances, after some research, i found out something must be bottlenecked, I reinstalled my old core i5-2500 and indeed the game played out better, but the FPS were still unstable, and players shooting or even me shooting, still caused the FPS to lower, anyway my friend didn't have any of this issues before. I play at 900p 75Hz (Monitor is 1080p75hz) with FPS lock in-game at 73fps and still the game is not stable, my motherboard is cheap, but i used it because my motherboard used a different cable the PSU had support to, my friend had to use an adapter, so i preferred to use my motherboard who had a normal (i think it was a 6 pin connector) and fitting connector completely supported by the PSU instead of using the adapter to use the motherboard he gave me, so... should i install the motherboard he gave me with the adapter, maybe it is my motherboard causing this, or is this a lost cause? I only have enough thermal paste for another application and I wanted to be sure if it's worth changing the motherboard and installing the i7-2600K. will it make a difference?

Hi there,

A Quad is okay enough for gaming, I've ran on Quads and games were smooth and fluid, your PSU is enough to power it all. 

For starters are you running your RIG in performance mode in management and NVIDIA panel? 

Have you tried other NVIDIA drivers or just one? Have you setup on a new windows install? 

Bit of a tech guy, converted to PC's when consoles did not entertain me enough, the last console being an Xbox, was fun with Halo multi-play though. But  the want to discover, to test, to learn more about computers drove me to levels I had never known...

Some GPU's I have had, 8800GTS 384MB, 7800GT, GEFORCE 4 MX440, 250GTS,  770 GTX, 1650 GTX, RTX 3050 Plus many other GPU's over the years...

The respect I have for LMG is massive like a black hole, sucking in all the knowledge, I watch their awesome video's, their knowledge is like that of a God. Seriously some say they are number 1 in the whole wide world. LMG is like the INTEL fabrication plant. Beaming with technology goodness...