Finalizing First Build - Need Help on Compatibility and General Feedback/Opinions

Budget (including currency): $1600~ USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: All video games, General Purpose, nothing work/heavy CPU load related.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3XJvBj

Hello, I'm compiling my first ever PC build. I was interested in & set on using the new rtx 4070 to base my build off of (please this isn't a discussion on if I should get a 6950xt instead).

My usage will be mostly gaming and other general purpose. I do want to have a 2tb SSD & Wi-Fi on my mobo as well as the build being on the quieter end.

I think my PSU is adequate for the 4070's TDP. Additionally I already have a 4k 60hz monitor from a friend (I know I won't be able to play everything at 4k and that's fine, but I already have this monitor so I'm gonna use it).

I think I have my build mostly figured out but I just want confirmation I will have no compatibility/thermal/sizing/spacing issues, and am open to general feedback and opinions on the rest of the parts in my list (besides gpu).

Thanks in advanced!

8 minutes ago, Plastic-Driver-7564 said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: All video games, General Purpose, nothing work/heavy CPU load related.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello, I'm compiling my first ever PC build. I was interested in & set on using the new rtx 4070 to base my build off of (please this isn't a discussion on if I should get a 6950xt instead).

My usage will be mostly gaming and other general purpose. I do want to have a 2tb SSD & Wi-Fi on my mobo as well as the build being on the quieter end.

I think my PSU is adequate for the 4070's TDP. Additionally I already have a 4k 60hz monitor from a friend (I know I won't be able to play everything at 4k and that's fine, but I already have this monitor so I'm gonna use it).

I think I have my build mostly figured out but I just want confirmation I will have no compatibility/thermal/sizing/spacing issues, and am open to general feedback and opinions on the rest of the parts in my list (besides gpu).

Thanks in advanced!

The 7600 non X actually comes with an adequate CPU cooler in the box, so you can save the 60 bucks unless you want that Noctua cooler 🙂 
Rest of the build does look nice, can obviously tweak some here and there to save a buck or three but all in all, not bad.
If you can find RAM that has EXPO on it, its more likely to work without problems on AM5 system. Like the
Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 5600MHz - part number KF556C36BBEK2-32 .

20 minutes ago, Plastic-Driver-7564 said:

Thanks in advanced!

Hi, I made some slight changes to the build. If you where going with a white case then I got you some more white parts. Everything now has a touch of white on it if not all white. I really love white builds because I think it just makes the whole PC look amazing like how a landscape looks just after a snowfall and everything is covered with snow.

The only 2 major changes I made was the GPU, I got you the OC version since it's the same price, why not right? And the case I changed to the Fractal Design Pop Air. I also got you a 500GB Boot drive that has DRAM Cache for your OS and programs and a 2TB also w/ DRAM Cache.

I have been building PCs for 30 yours so if you have any questions please ask.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pDXmXy

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($49.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B650-A GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($264.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL32 Memory  ($111.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Best Buy)
Video Card: MSI VENTUS 3X OC GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card  ($599.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 Snow - TT Premium 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: HP Z27 27.0" 3840 x 2160 60 Hz Monitor  (Purchased For $0.00)
Total: $1639.82

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

Thanks so much! Those are both great recommendations and advice!!

I'll definitely checkout that EXPO ram.

2 hours ago, Plastic-Driver-7564 said:

near a Microcenter

Well welcome to the best deal in the fucking world.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($45.90 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Corsair MP600 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Corsair) 
Video Card: ASRock Phantom Gaming OC Radeon RX 7900 XT 20 GB Video Card  ($799.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case  ($88.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Gigabyte UD850GM 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.98 @ Newegg) 
Custom: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI B650-P Pro WiFi, G.Skill Flare X5 Series 32GB DDR5-6000 Kit, Computer Build Combo ($500.00)
Total: $1694.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-04-17 18:03 EDT-0400

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.