Whats Wrong Here?

Alright I have a 2600K qhich I had running at 4.2 Ghz however all of a sudden it wont speed step down or go to 4.2GHz it stays put at 3.4Ghz(the stock speed). Does this sound like a motherboard,CPU,or power supply problem to you and yes my bios is still set to 4.2GHz.

Where are you reading the 3.4GHz from? Is that what the bios says or something in Windows? If it's something in Windows (task manager, cpu-z etc.) then it could just be a bug with the software. If it's saying it in the bios, and you've checked that all of your settings are correct for an overclock, then there's probably a fault in one of the 3 components that you mentioned. What motherboard/power supply are you using?

What software are you using to check the voltages during a stress test?

Its not a bug because it did work at one point and it does fluctuate slightly up and down off 3.4 but nothing more then just a tiny bit a the voltages do move up and down and yes it is CPU-Z

Hmm make sure all intels boost frequency features are disabled.

I have a sabertooth P67 board and some no name 850 watt power supply but no other components seem to be having problems.

Here is CPU-Z with prime 95 running

post-3073-13667860950787_thumb.png

I have a sabertooth P67 board and some no name 850 watt power supply but no other components seem to be having problems.

Well try to avoid no name psus because they are crap with huge volgate drops and will probally wxblode if you try to draw more than 500 watt from them your psu is not a part you want to save money on but i dont think its the cause of the problem

The Bios says it should be running at 4200Mhz as well

Ya I know this was my first build about a year and a half ago however I have had no troubles up until now and I have tried just about everything and I don't think it is the power supply because the frequency wont even go down. I would have to think the CPU or the board.