Fx - 8150

I currently have a fx - 8150 would it be worth upgrading to the new fx- 8350 ?

I was thinking of doing the same with my FX-8120, curious to see answers. From what I've seen on the webs I would see at least a 10% increase in productivity.

Nope Your cpu is still good if you have a bad gpu upgrade that or maybye an ssd or better cooling or something else you like :)

No you will never notice the performance increase.

invest that money on a gpu or better, a ssd (vor 180 dollars, you get quite a beefy ssd)

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Just wait to see if Steamroller is compelling or not. I'm still chugging on a X6 1090T and hoping it would be good.

yeah, i thought about this as well. but i decided not to, whats 10%, nothing when i could just overclock.

Their is a performance increase but for the money as some others pointed out you are better off upgrading other parts in your system... Go with an SSD, new GPU or something else :)

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

If you have the spare cash, I would say do it. But investing in an SSD or two won't hurt as well. Or a better graphics card

others are right.... put your money on to a good GPU or a SSD.

SSD makes a big differences, during day to day work and game. you will notice a big difference in the responsiveness of you PC with a new SSD than a new CPU.

if you are in need of better gaming Performance then go for a new Graphics card.

in conclusion. get what you need. from what i can understand, you do not need a new CPU

That's not a big enough of a upgrade to justify it's pricing. Like what others said, if you want to upgrade, do it on another component of the computer.

others are right.... put your money on to a good GPU or a SSD.

SSD makes a big differences, during day to day work and game. you will notice a big difference in the responsiveness of you PC with a new SSD than a new CPU.

if you are in need of better gaming Performance then go for a new Graphics card.

in conclusion. get what you need. from what i can understand, you do not need a new CPU

I don't think tou benefit from a SSD in gaming xD, however 10% is not worth the money, you should get an ssd, it won't help in game but it will in the rest!

I have an FX 8150 as well and I did look at the steamroller, but it never really crossed my mind to seriously upgrade as I have only had this platform for a year or so. Instead I bought myself a lovely new mechanical keyboard and a 250GB SSD in the amazon sale for my steam games, all for the same price the upgrade would have cost. Much better deal in my opinion ;D

hi thanks for all the answer. can anyone tell me more about the new steamroller cpus coming soon ?

The 8150 to the 8350 or 8120 to the 8350 isn't worth it.

if you want a good upgrade go to the blue side,intel.the i5 3570K beats the 8350 in a majority of things and leaves you room to upgrade to the i7 series if you need more power.

heres a comparison

8350 vs 8150

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/434?vs=697

8350 vs i5 3570K

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/701?vs=697

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552