Can a clevo laptop work without mxm gpu? (clevo p751tm1-g)

Hi i just want to know if a clevo laptop (clevo p751tm1-g), that has desktop components (the processor) would work on just the igpu? Or is the mxm gpu the only way for a display output?

I understand that there are laptops that can output without its dedicated gpu that can be converted (dis to uma). Or this the kind of laptop that the display is directly connected to the mxm gpu? 

14 minutes ago, Yolofolks said:

Hi i just want to know if a clevo laptop (clevo p751tm1-g), that has desktop components (the processor) would work on just the igpu? Or is the mxm gpu the only way for a display output?

I understand that there are laptops that can output without its dedicated gpu that can be converted (dis to uma). Or this the kind of laptop that the display is directly connected to the mxm gpu? 

Depends on the processor and if there is an option in BIOS. First the CPU muss have that feature, in your case called Intel HD Graphics. Then the BIOS must allow that feature to work and not override it by directly addressing the dedicated nVidia graphics card. I am not familiar with that brand of laptops so I cannot tell you if that is an option. Is there something wrong with the dedicated GPU?

16 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Depends on the processor and if there is an option in BIOS. First the CPU muss have that feature, in your case called Intel HD Graphics. Then the BIOS must allow that feature to work and not override it by directly addressing the dedicated nVidia graphics card. I am not familiar with that brand of laptops so I cannot tell you if that is an option. Is there something wrong with the dedicated GPU?

I am planning to buy one, that has a corupppted bios. (I can fix this issue). Its has been parted out no mxm gpu, processor, nor ram.

The good thing is i have both the processor and ram.

I am not sure about the bios since i dont have it yet. And i rather not buy it, if it can't output using the processor's igpu only.

27 minutes ago, Yolofolks said:

I am planning to buy one, that has a corupppted bios. (I can fix this issue). Its has been parted out no mxm gpu, processor, nor ram.

The good thing is i have both the processor and ram.

I am not sure about the bios since i dont have it yet. And i rather not buy it, if it can't output using the processor's igpu only.

I've read through parts of the manual, can't seem to find an option to switch to integrated graphics, even though the supported processors have it. Question is, why the BIOS is corrupted and what happened to the GPU? It is not like you can take it out and use somewhere else (actually you can use it as a daughter board but that requires a lot of work). So without the CPU, memory and a bad motherboard, let's call it that, that laptop better be dirt cheap. Otherwise you are wasting your money if you cannot fix it.

14 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

I've read through parts of the manual, can't seem to find an option to switch to integrated graphics, even though the supported processors have it. Question is, why the BIOS is corrupted and what happened to the GPU? It is not like you can take it out and use somewhere else (actually you can use it as a daughter board but that requires a lot of work). So without the CPU, memory and a bad motherboard, let's call it that, that laptop better be dirt cheap. Otherwise you are wasting your money if you cannot fix it.

The laptop is dirt cheap. The laptop was forcefully updated with the wrong bios by the owner.

The mxm gpu is with the owner but selling it for an unreasonable price. lol

Yep i cant really find much info in if it will work solely on igpu, that's why i just wanted to know before i buy it.