What is Gigabyte's CPU Lite Load or MCE equivalent?

Hey guys,

I've recently built a gaming rig for myself and everything seemed to be running perfectly.  Until earlier today, I played Last of Us part 1 and my CPU temp went up to 94C.  It stayed there for a little while until it was done optimizing shaders.  I got a little bit worried and did some Googling.  I've read that out of the box, many Motherboards have this features that run your CPU above Intel's recommendations with either CPU Lite Load or MCE.  I did some digging but I have yet to find that feature in my BIOS.  I'm running an 13600KF with a DeepCool AK620 on a Gibabyte B760M Aorus Elite AX.  I have little to no knowledge about Overclocking or some sort.

If any of you could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks for your time considering my request.

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600KF|CPU Cooling: Deepcool AK620|RAMGigabyte AORUS 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200|Storage: 2x M.2: Western Digital Black SN770 1 TB Hard Drive: Western Digital 2TB WD Blue|GPU: AORUS GeForce RTX™ 4070 Ti ELITE 12G|Monitors: Primary : LG 28GP83B-B Secondary: Asus VG27VQ|Sound: Sennheiser HD 560 S with FiiO E10K USB DAC|Keyboard: HyperX Alloy Origins 65|Mouse: Razer Deathadder V3 Pro|Mouse Pad: Corsair MM700|OS: Windows 11 Professionnal 64-bit|Motherboard: Gigabyte B760M AORUS ELITE AX|PSU: Corsair RM850x|Case: DeepCool Matrexx 50

Easiest thing is to just mess with the default Intel power limits. By default, most boards run it at 4095W (effectively unlimited). If you want to set it to Intel defaults, change it to something more like 120-150W. No idea where it is in Gigabyte's BIOS, don't have one to use and check, but it'll be somewhere in the advanced CPU settings. 

you should update your signature....

the BS with motherboards was an issue in gen 8 and 9 mostly I think. intel tightened the screws with that so your 13600 shouldn't be subject to any of that.
the truth is that last of us 1 on PC is doing some extremely weird stuff (check this DF video) it's maxing your CPU in ways that most people only see when they run Cinebench so 95C is not that big of a deal if you're not dropping clocks.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

6 hours ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

you should update your signature....

the BS with motherboards was an issue in gen 8 and 9 mostly I think. intel tightened the screws with that so your 13600 shouldn't be subject to any of that.
the truth is that last of us 1 on PC is doing some extremely weird stuff (check this DF video) it's maxing your CPU in ways that most people only see when they run Cinebench so 95C is not that big of a deal if you're not dropping clocks.

I haven’t posted here in years and I totally forgot to update it, thanks for letting me know 😅. I’ll check this video out, thank you!  Honestly that temp had me worried that I haven't applied my thermal paste properly, my CPU Cooler wasn't enough or the airflow of my case is mediocre.  But if you're telling me it only occurs when pushing the CPU to it's limits, that reassures me.  While playing games like Warzone 2.0 or Apex Legends, it tops at 74C and overs around that temp.  While launching the games it sometimes spikes to 80-90 but goes right back down.

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600KF|CPU Cooling: Deepcool AK620|RAMGigabyte AORUS 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200|Storage: 2x M.2: Western Digital Black SN770 1 TB Hard Drive: Western Digital 2TB WD Blue|GPU: AORUS GeForce RTX™ 4070 Ti ELITE 12G|Monitors: Primary : LG 28GP83B-B Secondary: Asus VG27VQ|Sound: Sennheiser HD 560 S with FiiO E10K USB DAC|Keyboard: HyperX Alloy Origins 65|Mouse: Razer Deathadder V3 Pro|Mouse Pad: Corsair MM700|OS: Windows 11 Professionnal 64-bit|Motherboard: Gigabyte B760M AORUS ELITE AX|PSU: Corsair RM850x|Case: DeepCool Matrexx 50

6 hours ago, Drummer611 said:

I haven’t posted here in years and I totally forgot to update it, thanks for letting me know 😅. I’ll check this video out, thank you!  Honestly that temp had me worried that I haven't applied my thermal paste properly, my CPU Cooler wasn't enough or the airflow of my case is mediocre.  But if you're telling me it only occurs when pushing the CPU to it's limits, that reassures me.  While playing games like Warzone 2.0 or Apex Legends, it tops at 74C and overs around that temp.  While launching the games it sometimes spikes to 80-90 but goes right back down.

from what you're describing i don't think you have made any mistakes. i'd still recommend you go run cinebench once and see where it maxes out to verify my assumption though (download from maxon's website).

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)

Ran a Cinebench as you suggested and here's the results: https://imgur.com/a/howpxvy

I ran another with the Power Limit set from "Auto" to "Intel POR" in the BIOS: https://imgur.com/a/Ui8T4Om

6 hours ago, Drummer611 said:

Ran a Cinebench as you suggested and here's the results: https://imgur.com/a/howpxvy

I ran another with the Power Limit set from "Auto" to "Intel POR" in the BIOS: https://imgur.com/a/Ui8T4Om

yeah personnaly i'd use intel POR and lose the 500 points... (2% loss)
it looks like your cooler is fine because the clocks aren't actually dropping but i prefer staying bellow 100C and using 100 as the point where i'm checking what's happened for it to change.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)

5 hours ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

yeah personnaly i'd use intel POR and lose the 500 points... (2% loss)
it looks like your cooler is fine because the clocks aren't actually dropping but i prefer staying bellow 100C and using 100 as the point where i'm checking what's happened for it to change.

Yeah I’ll use the Intel POR because I won’t see such a small performance hit while gaming.