Help Please.

Mortxx

The other day I was playing FS22 and my computer froze. I rebooted it and started playing FS22 again. About 10 minutes in, it froze again. So i rebooted it again and was going to do some trouble shooting as to why it kept freezing. It never freezes. But after I rebooted it the second time, it wont boot up. It keeps getting stuck on the motherboard screen. Some times when it boots up, it will say "preparing automatic repair" and then black screen. Other times it will just stay on the motherboard screen indefinitely.

I do not have any red lights on the motherboard other then the back lights are red. I have checked my ram and ram slots. I have replaced the CMOS battery. I have also checked my boot order and everything looks good. I think.... I also tried to enable secure boot, but when I try it says, "Secure Boot can be enabled when system in user mode. Repeat operation afer enrolling platform key.

I am not sure where to go from here.

This is not a new build. It is a few years old and has worked flawlessly up until this point, It was updated to windows 11 about a month ago.

Tomahawk 450 Max

Ryzen 5 3600

2 Vengance 2400 

Radeon 5500 XT

20230331_124126.jpg

20230331_123348.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mortxx said:

The other day I was playing FS22 and my computer froze. I rebooted it and started playing FS22 again. About 10 minutes in, it froze again. So i rebooted it again and was going to do some trouble shooting as to why it kept freezing. It never freezes. But after I rebooted it the second time, it wont boot up. It keeps getting stuck on the motherboard screen. Some times when it boots up, it will say "preparing automatic repair" and then black screen. Other times it will just stay on the motherboard screen indefinitely.

I do not have any red lights on the motherboard other then the back lights are red. I have checked my ram and ram slots. I have replaced the CMOS battery. I have also checked my boot order and everything looks good. I think.... I also tried to enable secure boot, but when I try it says, "Secure Boot can be enabled when system in user mode. Repeat operation afer enrolling platform key.

I am not sure where to go from here.

This is not a new build. It is a few years old and has worked flawlessly up until this point, It was updated to windows 11 about a month ago.

Tomahawk 450 Max

Ryzen 5 3600

2 Vengance 2400 

Radeon 5500 XT

20230331_124126.jpg

20230331_123348.jpg

the back lights is just the rgb. Unless that hasn't been there until now? 

You could try a cpu reseat?

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

36 minutes ago, filpo said:

the back lights is just the rgb. Unless that hasn't been there until now? 

You could try a cpu reseat?

I will try to reseat it now, though it hasnt been pulled out for anything since I installed it about 3 years ago. But willing to try anything. The back light i am not to sure about if it has always been red. I cant see it with my case closed. Though when it first starts up it is white for a second or 2 then turns to red. But i think it is just rgb. 

Just now, Mortxx said:

I will try to reseat it now, though it hasnt been pulled out for anything since I installed it about 3 years ago. But willing to try anything. The back light i am not to sure about if it has always been red. I cant see it with my case closed. Though when it first starts up it is white for a second or 2 then turns to red. But i think it is just rgb. 

Even for me with a ryzen processor everything was working fine the day before. Then it didn’t turn on anymore. I did everything and then someone suggested cpu reaseat. I did it and it was fixed 

Current parts list

28 minutes ago, filpo said:

Even for me with a ryzen processor everything was working fine the day before. Then it didn’t turn on anymore. I did everything and then someone suggested cpu reaseat. I did it and it was fixed 

I reseated it and reapplied the thermal paste. Same issue,

2 minutes ago, Mortxx said:

I reseated it and reapplied the thermal paste. Same issue,

Contact MSI support and see if they can help you, cuz I’ve hit a dead end. Thought it was ram in the wrong slots but you’ve been using the rig for about a year or two so probably not that 

Current parts list

18 minutes ago, Soundbored said:

Have you checked for updates?

I am doing an m-flash update now. We will see if that fixes it. I update my pc regularly though. It does it automatically every wednesday. I manually search for updates for everything about every 4-6 weeks though. 

25 minutes ago, filpo said:

Contact MSI support and see if they can help you, cuz I’ve hit a dead end. Thought it was ram in the wrong slots but you’ve been using the rig for about a year or two so probably not that 

I have tried different ram in different slots. I even pulled the ram out of my wifes' pc and tried it. Still no change.

25 minutes ago, Soundbored said:

Have you checked for updates?

Just finished the M-Flash. Still no change.

Have you tried booting from a windows recovery flash drive? Maybe your windows install got messed up somehow.

5 minutes ago, Convictions said:

Have you tried booting from a windows recovery flash drive? Maybe your windows install got messed up somehow.

I have not. I will try that now.

12 minutes ago, Convictions said:

I created a recovery flash drive and trying to start it with that. Same issue. Still will not get past the motherboard screen.

3 minutes ago, Mortxx said:

I created a recovery flash drive and trying to start it with that. Same issue. Still will not get past the motherboard screen.

Damn, sorry, I thought at some point you were able to get to bios -- didn't you say you were able to flash your bios to a newer version?

6 minutes ago, Convictions said:

Damn, sorry, I thought at some point you were able to get to bios -- didn't you say you were able to flash your bios to a newer version?

I can get into bios by hitting the DEL key. I try to boot it up with the flash drive and it reboots and takes me right back to the motherboard screen and stays there. 

5 hours ago, Mortxx said:

I can get into bios by hitting the DEL key. I try to boot it up with the flash drive and it reboots and takes me right back to the motherboard screen and stays there. 

I see. If you haven't found anything that works yet, try unplugging all storage drives and then booting to the usb restore drive. (of course, if this works, you'll need to plug one of the drives back in to install windows)

14 hours ago, Convictions said:

I see. If you haven't found anything that works yet, try unplugging all storage drives and then booting to the usb restore drive. (of course, if this works, you'll need to plug one of the drives back in to install windows)

I did try that. It didnt work. I ended up caving and took it into a shop near me. 

50 minutes ago, Mortxx said:

I did try that. It didnt work. I ended up caving and took it into a shop near me. 

Damn, alright. Good luck!