Can't get wifi with wifi dongle ! Please Help

Hey guys,

So i've had a wifi dongle (Edimax AC600) for the last 6 or 7 years plugged in my pc. It's been years since i've had to use it but now i can't plug ethernet in my pc so i'm trying to get this working again.

My problem is i can't get it to work, first i can't left click on the wifi symbol of the task bar, when i get into the network status page of the settings, nothing is showing up, and clicking on show available networks doesn't work either. I've tried to update the driver, by doing it automatically with the device manager and manually with the setup file. Doesn't work. I tried deleting the driver, i tried doing netsh winsock reset in the cmd. Doesn't work. I tried uninstalling the device and restarting my computer, doesn't work. The device descriptions says it's working fine also.

Do u guys have any solutions i could try next ? Thanks a lot

8 minutes ago, Swaggmaster64 said:

Hey guys,

So i've had a wifi dongle (Edimax AC600) for the last 6 or 7 years plugged in my pc. It's been years since i've had to use it but now i can't plug ethernet in my pc so i'm trying to get this working again.

My problem is i can't get it to work, first i can't left click on the wifi symbol of the task bar, when i get into the network status page of the settings, nothing is showing up, and clicking on show available networks doesn't work either. I've tried to update the driver, by doing it automatically with the device manager and manually with the setup file. Doesn't work. I tried deleting the driver, i tried doing netsh winsock reset in the cmd. Doesn't work. I tried uninstalling the device and restarting my computer, doesn't work. The device descriptions says it's working fine also.

Do u guys have any solutions i could try next ? Thanks a lot

My dad has run into a similar issue with his gaming laptop that I haven't gotten around to seeing myself in person (he's across the country). I was likely going to attempt a reinstall, but I'd test usb tethering on your phone to see if that happens to work. Its basically another WLAN NIC that you can test that operates similarly to your USB one. If that also doesn't work, then there's some root windows issue with WLAN.

run chkdsk if any as well to see if there's any file corruption.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017