RX 580 Problems:/

theogbmac1266

For some odd reason my brand new RX 580 will blank an no signal at the startup of every game I try CSGO,Rust,Valorant,ETC I load into windows an can web browse just fine also the temps of the CPU an the GPU are perfectly fine (idling at 40 degrees Celsius) I have did everything possible in my power troubleshooting wise from exchanging hardware out to trying simple stuff like exchanging different HDMI cables an such none worked, I thought it was fault/defective GPU so got a refund under warranty an low an behold the same issue persist with the same exact GPU! Brand new from the store peeled plastic wrap off so it was determined the GPU was fine so maybe a software issue? If anyone in anyway could help it would be greatly appreciated I’m on day 4 of a headache dealing with this mess I also forgot to mention that I did get everything running fine an games running an loading fine when I put another graphics card in my rig (an older GPU HD 7770) but for some reason I had no issues with the older one I’ve did all the software uninstalling an reinstalling drivers ETC, an unfortunately nothing has worked. Please someone let me know if they have had the same issue or what they think the problem is thank you.

2 hours ago, theogbmac1266 said:

For some odd reason my brand new RX 580 will blank an no signal at the startup of every game I try CSGO,Rust,Valorant,ETC I load into windows an can web browse just fine also the temps of the CPU an the GPU are perfectly fine (idling at 40 degrees Celsius) I have did everything possible in my power troubleshooting wise from exchanging hardware out to trying simple stuff like exchanging different HDMI cables an such none worked, I thought it was fault/defective GPU so got a refund under warranty an low an behold the same issue persist with the same exact GPU! Brand new from the store peeled plastic wrap off so it was determined the GPU was fine so maybe a software issue? If anyone in anyway could help it would be greatly appreciated I’m on day 4 of a headache dealing with this mess I also forgot to mention that I did get everything running fine an games running an loading fine when I put another graphics card in my rig (an older GPU HD 7770) but for some reason I had no issues with the older one I’ve did all the software uninstalling an reinstalling drivers ETC, an unfortunately nothing has worked. Please someone let me know if they have had the same issue or what they think the problem is thank you.

List all your hardware specs. Please.

Hey just an update I figured out the issue kinda weird in my opinion but I fixed the crash issue in games an such from tuning my graphics card itself in the AMD adrenaline software turned the clock speed to 1257 I tuned the slider from 0 to -8 an my stuff has ran fine since I also adjusted the fans on the graphics card slightly to my games an stuff I run an actually run 5-10 degrees cooler now idle an while I’m games! I’m just still curious on why my games would crash mid game when using the stock out of the package/box GPU setting on default settings in the AMD software (it’s default clock was 1366 for some reason) but as said before when I tuned the clock from 1366 to 1257 everything has been fine since even better actually! If anyone knows why this is the case it would be much help I’m just curious if it’s something software related or maybe just in the RX 580’s

note:System Specs

CPU:Ryzen 5 1600(stock AMD cooler)

GPU:RX 580 GTS XXX edition 8GB OC

PSU:ThermalTake 700W

RAM/memory:G-Skill ripjaws 16GB

Motherboard:MSI A320m pro-m2-v2

extra note: all hardware specs listed above are brand new purchased still have the receipts an warranty’s.

11 hours ago, theogbmac1266 said:

Hey just an update I figured out the issue kinda weird in my opinion but I fixed the crash issue in games an such from tuning my graphics card itself in the AMD adrenaline software turned the clock speed to 1257 I tuned the slider from 0 to -8 an my stuff has ran fine since I also adjusted the fans on the graphics card slightly to my games an stuff I run an actually run 5-10 degrees cooler now idle an while I’m games! I’m just still curious on why my games would crash mid game when using the stock out of the package/box GPU setting on default settings in the AMD software (it’s default clock was 1366 for some reason) but as said before when I tuned the clock from 1366 to 1257 everything has been fine since even better actually! If anyone knows why this is the case it would be much help I’m just curious if it’s something software related or maybe just in the RX 580’s

note:System Specs

CPU:Ryzen 5 1600(stock AMD cooler)

GPU:RX 580 GTS XXX edition 8GB OC

PSU:ThermalTake 700W

RAM/memory:G-Skill ripjaws 16GB

Motherboard:MSI A320m pro-m2-v2

extra note: all hardware specs listed above are brand new purchased still have the receipts an warranty’s.

My sapphire RX 580 SE NITRO+ card was clocked at 1430 mhz by default. It could run any game that was not intense. It ran Hell Let Loose just fine, but that game received huge updates last year. It could not run the game anymore without coil-whine from the fans on the graphics card. My processor was a 7700-k Intel, and 16 GB ram. It drove me crazy, so I felt that I was being shown that it is time to upgrade my whole system. I did that July 30, 2022. CS-GO is not a demanding game unless the developers released big updates for that game too like Hell Let Loose. I do not know of the other games you listed (Valorant, Rust...etc)....if they are intense. I have not played them. Rx 480 - 580 is on an old architecture.

It is possible your graphics card can not run the games at it is regular speed (1366 mhz or above than 1300 mhz) without problems depending on the game. Your processor is also old. It is six years old which is the same as your graphics card. It also is 6 cores and 12 threads. My old processor 7700-k was 4 cores and 8 threads. If your processor was a few more years recent, it should run the games at 1366 mhz just fine. I do not know what your video settings are in game. (Low, Mid, High settings)

I am happy to hear you have fixed it. I am sorry if this post is confusing.