Computer won't wake up

Dustin-C

Hello everyone, I am very new here and hope this is the place for this question.  I recently built my forst computer, and I am experiencing a problem I have never seen before. I hope this isn't something stupid, but when my pc goes to sleep, I can't wake the damn thing up. No response from moving the mouse or using the keyboard. Have to turn it off and back on every single time.  What the he'll did I do?

I'm curious if somebody has a solution, because I have the exact same problem. I've just finished building my PC:

• Ryzen 5 7600
  • MSI B650M Mortar  Wifi
  • Gigabyte Aorus 5200 MHz DDR5 2x16Gb
  • Crucial P3 Plus 1Tb
  • Microsoft 11 Pro

When I try to wake it up, the backlight of my keyboard is off, but not my mouse. Anyway nothing happens when I click or press a key. When I try the power button of my case, which is flashing constantly when my PC is asleep, the fans start spinning, but nothing happens except that the indicator LEDs on my mother light up red and yellow. Which means CPU and Memory fail or not recognized. I've already exchanged the motherboard because of this problem.

I've updated the BIOS of the motherboard to the latest version. I've checked that my wired mouse and keyboard are allowed to wake up the computer in Device Manager.

@Dustin-C What is your config and do you have similar symptoms?

If i do recall, it's a setting in the BIOS where you have to let the system be enabled via USB. I have mines purposely disabled so i can do cleaning on my perpherials easier.

Try going around in the BIOS settings to find wake via USB of some sort...

a fresh start is the best start.. i always turn off all forms of power saving/sleep/hibernation fast start in my systems. otherwise a shutdown and startup is just sleep.. not actually turning it off. 

13 hours ago, Robchil said:

a fresh start is the best start.. i always turn off all forms of power saving/sleep/hibernation fast start in my systems. otherwise a shutdown and startup is just sleep.. not actually turning it off. 

I do agree, it helps with the apps that lurk around and hog up a lot of resources. But what he wants is how to enable wake-via-usb. @Dustin-C, I would ask you to go around in the BIOS and try to find something that allows you to wake using the USB. You can access the BIOS through the windows system if you can't access it upon boot. "Shift + restart" should bring you to a menu where you can choose the bios "advanced uefi settings".