(Request) PSU and Possibly mobo recommendations?

Long time viewer, first time poster.

Long story short I'm upgrading my pc from 9th gen to 13th gen and moving from ddr4 to ddr5.

I currently have a 9900k cooled by a h100i aio and rtx 3070ti and will be upgrading to a 13900kf with a h170i aio. I currently have an rm750x psu from corsair. I was looking at the hx1000i also from corsair to replace this. Would that be a good choice or does anyone have any other reccomendations?

Further to this I have bought the 7000d airflow case to go with this upgrade and I'm struggling to find a board at a reasonable price that has the 2 usb 3 headers and usb 3 type c header. The majority of boards only seem to have 1 usb 3 header.

I've been looking at the Asus Rog Strix Z790-E, it has the headers I need and I can afford it but £530 for a mobo just seems too much to me.

Alternatively I've been looking at the MSI MEG z690 Ace. It also has the headers I need, and at a cheaper price of £400. I'm just unsure whether to go with the older chipset. My ram should work in either chipset as its 6400MTs cl32 and has both boards listed on the QVL.

So yeah, just looking for any suggestions on those two things really.

P.s. forgot to mention, I really only use my pc for gaming, and I pretty much never oc

10 minutes ago, Eifekk said:

Long time viewer, first time poster.

Long story short I'm upgrading my pc from 9th gen to 13th gen and moving from ddr4 to ddr5.

I currently have a 9900k cooled by a h100i aio and rtx 3070ti and will be upgrading to a 13900kf with a h170i aio. I currently have an rm750x psu from corsair. I was looking at the hx1000i also from corsair to replace this. Would that be a good choice or does anyone have any other reccomendations?

Further to this I have bought the 7000d airflow case to go with this upgrade and I'm struggling to find a board at a reasonable price that has the 2 usb 3 headers and usb 3 type c header. The majority of boards only seem to have 1 usb 3 header.

I've been looking at the Asus Rog Strix Z790-E, it has the headers I need and I can afford it but £530 for a mobo just seems too much to me.

Alternatively I've been looking at the MSI MEG z690 Ace. It also has the headers I need, and at a cheaper price of £400. I'm just unsure whether to go with the older chipset. My ram should work in either chipset as its 6400MTs cl32 and has both boards listed on the QVL.

So yeah, just looking for any suggestions on those two things really.

P.s. forgot to mention, I really only use my pc for gaming, and I pretty much never oc

Hey, so the 13900K/kf is super overkill for almost everything. Unless you have workloads that benefit from that many cores: it's a very bad value. I'd say the 13700k/kf would be a much better value for ya and would either save total budget or allow that budget savings for other components. Not to mention that the 13900k is effectively impossible to cool completely with consumer cooling (see the ek WB video to see the 13900K cooled effectively. With the cooler for a laser) 

Z690 will likely require a BIOS update for 13th gen. If you choose the 13700K, I'd recommend a 280/360 AIO if you want to go water-cooling.

16 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Hey, so the 13900K/kf is super overkill for almost everything. Unless you have workloads that benefit from that many cores: it's a very bad value. I'd say the 13700k/kf would be a much better value for ya and would either save total budget or allow that budget savings for other components. Not to mention that the 13900k is effectively impossible to cool completely with consumer cooling (see the ek WB video to see the 13900K cooled effectively. With the cooler for a laser) 

Z690 will likely require a BIOS update for 13th gen. If you choose the 13700K, I'd recommend a 280/360 AIO if you want to go water-cooling.

I have corsairs h170i aio for the cpu which is a 420mm rad. I'm aware I'd need a bios update on z690. That's not a problem. The only thing that partially puts me off z690 is the memory controller upgrades in z790.

I was going for the 13700k originally but I'm getting paid more than I expected this month which is the only reason I bumped to the 13900kf. May still get the i7 and spend the extra on a riser cable.

Just now, Eifekk said:

I have corsairs h170i aio for the cpu which is a 420mm rad. I'm aware I'd need a bios update on z690. That'd not a problem. The only thing that partially puts me off z690 is the memory controller upgrades in z790.

I was going for the 13700k originally but I'm getting paid more than I expected this month which is the only reason I bumped to the 13900kf. May still get the i7 and spend the extra on a riser cable.

If you are going to try to go above 6000 MT/s: good luck, same with running 4 sticks, it's not especially well supported currently. I'd recommend getting the 6000 kit that has the tightest timings that is a reasonable price. 

Z790 also has more Gen5 access (not a real benefit ATM for consumer devices, is a benefit for data center density though).

20 hours ago, Eifekk said:

don’t get a 13900K OR a 13700K- the 13600K is just as fast in gaming as both chips minus a couple percent. Within margin of error pretty much. And the H170i and everything else by corsair is a mediocre at best and overpriced AIO- the liquid freezer II a-rgb is the currently the only aio worth buying imo (the non-RGB is good if you plan to replace the fans with P12 MAX, T30s, or A12x25s as the stock P12s have a humming issue at certain speeds), although EK’s can be very good if you find one on sale.

3 hours ago, Eifekk said:

memory controller upgrades in z790.

The memory controller is on the CPU. There was no IMC upgrade from z690 to z790, the upgrade was 12th to 13th gen. Any high end 2-dimm Z690 or Z790 board will be able to max out the memory controller on a 13th gen CPU.

Do NOT under any circumstances use 4 dimms of DDR5 as it will absolutely not run at full speed.

Yeah I'm using a 32gb (2x16gb) kit of g skill trident z5 6400MTs cl32.

As for the corsair coolers I've had a h100i for a few years with the 9900k and never had any complaints.

Do you have any ideas of other boards, z690 or z790 with 2 usb 3 type a headers and a usb 3 type c header?

Or any thoughts on the msi board I mentioned vs the Asus one?