First build. Rough draft.

NoobNerd69

This is my first build, had a ton of help from you guys so I figured i'd show off the not final product.

Case: Deepcool MATREXX 40 MicroATX Midtower

Cpu: i5-12400F 2.5GHz 

Motherboard: Gigabyte B660 DS3H DDR4

Gpu: RX6700XT Quik

Ram: 16g Kingston Fury 3200MT (2X8)

Psu:Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

SSD:Kingston NV2 1TB

I'm super happy except for I cheeped out on and got crap InWin fans, the fans work except for the rgb components on 2 out of 3 stopped working day 2. Having just one working looked dumb so I just turned them off. In the future I'm going to get some Corsair fans for the front and move the InWins to the top and not plug in the rgb. I'm also going to get a bigger sada SSD for storage. One of my buddies also said I'm wasting my gpu by running it on my monitor (Acer nitro ED240Q 23.6 165Hz) but he tends to talk out of his ass and its the best gaming PC I've ever used so I don't know. 

20230312_154547.jpg

Acer nitro ED240Q 23.6 165Hz is a 1080p monitor If I'm not mistaken, I think your friend means that you could be running better monitor, but If you are mostly playing fps games this monitor is pretty much perfect for starters.

2 hours ago, NoobNerd69 said:

One of my buddies

Well your buddy is the exact reason why people still believes in mount stupid even when it doesnt exists.

Couldve picked a better monitor for sub 150$ range but definitely - and i emphasize on definitely here - couldve gone worse. You couldve picked up Odyssey G3 and have Jackson Pollock level of smearing.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2023 at 5:10 AM, SorryClaire said:

Well your buddy is the exact reason why people still believes in mount stupid even when it doesnt exists.

Couldve picked a better monitor for sub 150$ range but definitely - and i emphasize on definitely here - couldve gone worse. You couldve picked up Odyssey G3 and have Jackson Pollock level of smearing.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the G3. Ran one as my main for 6 months and it was fantastic for the price

5 minutes ago, JoeyButterhands said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with the G3. Ran one as my main for 6 months and it was fantastic for the price

Really? What reference do you have on that? Because for what it is you can get C24G, OP's monitor, or even Asus TUF 24 inchers that would have a far better response times and visual clarity result than G3. 

Also, necropost.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

16 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Really? What reference do you have on that? Because for what it is you can get C24G, OP's monitor, or even Asus TUF 24 inchers that would have a far better response times and visual clarity result than G3. 

Also, necropost.

Why do I need a reference if I'm stating my particular experience with a product? But since you asked, as a photo and video editor, I've used many a panel in my life, IPS, VA and TN, multiplies of each, I believes this qualifies me to say, it's not the worst screen ever made.

On 4/5/2023 at 11:46 AM, TheCamba said:

Hit any performance issues with the stock heat sink on that i5?

No temp issues at all. However it is the noisiest part of my pc.