Floatplane down?

Same here. It was working minutes ago. I know Linus said they have had the biggest influx of users ever so maybe a server crash?

I suddenly got logged out of Floatplane.  What's going on?  I can't get LTT (or anybody else).

Down for me too, just floatplane things. Probably a security update to handle token jacking. 

4 minutes ago, PearsonPrenticeHall said:

I just went to floatplane.com for the WAN Show and I'm getting an Error 1016 from Cloudflare. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sorry to Hijack this post, I don't usually watch WAN show live, when on a Friday do they typically go live? I know often it is delayed due to Linus' busy schedule.

I understand they've had an influx of users after the hack, by around 6k. Maybe just stress on their servers?

Just now, InfinityJ said:

Sorry to Hijack this post, I don't usually watch WAN show live, when on a Friday do they typically go live? I know often it is delayed due to Linus' busy schedule.

The advertised time is 4:30 PST but they almost never hit that time. Lately it's been around 5:30 PST on a good day, and I've saw it as late as 6:30 PST or 7:00 PST in the past. Today is getting towards the later end of normal but still within precedent.

Not going to lie, I panicked when I couldn't get into floatplane for a bit. I thought I got banned or something, the app and the site were just blank for me. So thankful I was able to get back in. I just want to appreciate the Floatplane Team, they are doing a great job given the sudden influx of new users

Also having the same issue. I assumed it was the new users as well. 

Seems fine here, the live chat has a LOT of people in it waiting for this WAN show. 

I managed to get in, but every time I try to load the live stream the app crashes.  Going to put in a support ticket. 

4 minutes ago, Limotoras said:

I managed to get in, but every time I try to load the live stream the app crashes.  Going to put in a support ticket. 

The live stream is not live. The chat is working, Linus has been talking in it explaining what's happening and they've been communicating on twitter. There is no reason to open a ticket.. They know.

Good to know.  I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and it works now. Thank you for the update for those of us not on social media. 

2 minutes ago, NovaNightmare said:

Died again, original post, no repost, copy cats!

Try clearing your app cache, uninstall and reinstall.

It's working fine for me and stream live chat (stream isnt live yet) is very busy.

My guess is with the mass amount of new accounts they may just be having a capacity issues. And it’s likely causing scalability problems. 

I too have had issues getting to floatplane in all or web off and on over the last hour or so. 

I just tried to subscribe too, so they are probably just getting a lot of new subscribers.
Took 30mins just to add payment details. Now waiting for it to come back up to actually hit the subscibe button 😅

*LETMEIN.GIF*

I picked the wrong day to try to subscribe to LTT. Can't even get far enough to subscribe to LTT.... :old-sad:

Not much of a Gamer….. But I have thing about F@H that may be a little over the top.   See my builds here

Yes, Floatplane seems to be struggling rn, first big stream after a very big influx of users tbf, at least WAN show is flawless on Twitch for now.

I'm sure they'll sort it out for future, load balancing or whatnot.

(yeah I shamelessly copied [edited tbf] my own post to this topic where I thought it's more relevant)

edit: just after I posted this I went to refresh and it actually seems to be back up

5 hours ago, revpixel said:

My guess is with the mass amount of new accounts they may just be having a capacity issues. And it’s likely causing scalability problems. 

I too have had issues getting to floatplane in all or web off and on over the last hour or so. 

Un-ironically the wan show showed my point. Which I find hilarious as one of my merch messages talked about this issue. 

I wonder how scalable floatplane is.  If the platform was built within best practices, scaling shouldn’t be an issue.