Laptop

DarkD

Budget (including currency): 1000$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: coding, Android studio, lol 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So i have a friend who's a computer science student and he wants to buy a new laptop, his budget is about 1000$ 

He wants a laptop that is lightweight and has a high performance. Now I'm not sure if there's any laptop that is both light and powerful in this price range 

So i recommend him 

Either an rog strix g15 r7 6800h with 3050 if he wants performance.

Asus vivobook i7 1131g7 with mx350 if he wants light laptop. 

Can anyone suggest another laptop or if tried one of those laptop can u share your experience? 

Honestly for coding, anything the is a i5 or r5 would be more than good, having a dedicated gpu will be useful if he is dealing with graphics in anyway, but other than that, they should both be fine. 

Both of the options you suggested are good. I personally went with a Razer Blade 15 Advanced but that's out of the budget. For the price range of $1000, I would say either look around for more expensive laptops to go on sale for $1000 or go with the ROG Strix g15. If it is a gaming oriented laptop, make sure he configures the power management system  settings. Gaming laptops out of the box suck battery life at insane rates so if you want to make it last more than three hours (and most students do), make sure to config power management settings! This is coming from a fellow comp sci student. Best of luck!

7 minutes ago, Nicckko said:

Both of the options you suggested are good. I personally went with a Razer Blade 15 Advanced but that's out of the budget. For the price range of $1000, I would say either look around for more expensive laptops to go on sale for $1000 or go with the ROG Strix g15. If it is a gaming oriented laptop, make sure he configures the power management system  settings. Gaming laptops out of the box suck battery life at insane rates so if you want to make it last more than three hours (and most students do), make sure to config power management settings! This is coming from a fellow comp sci student. Best of luck!

The problem is he wants a mix of powerful performance and lightweight which i found to be pretty hard 

There's a laptop asus vivobook 15 pro oled with 3050 and i7 11700h and a weigh if 1kg which is very weird and I'm doubting the integrity of it's cooling system, what do you think

3 minutes ago, DarkD said:

There's a laptop asus vivobook 15 pro oled with 3050 and i7 11700h and a weigh if 1kg which is very weird and I'm doubting the integrity of it's cooling system, what do you think

Considering the fact that my 15" Razer Blade weighs more than double that, it definitely seems slightly skeptical... Granted they could just be using a lightweight material for the chassis.