Gpu selection

karaK

I have an ryzen 1800x and i want to buy a gpu for 1440p gaming. I know it will bottleneck but idc cuz i will upgrade in the future but should i go for the 6700xt that goes around 425-445 euros or for the 6750xt that goes around for 460-480 euros. Or should i wait for the new gpus from amd and nvidia (also im checking ebay daily but havent found/won  a good deal yet)

Whichever one u prefer the price of. They are both great for 1440p

I try to be a human, but I cannot, because I have returned to monke.

Spoiler

Hehe boi

Spoiler

POV- when it can run crysis-

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

17 minutes ago, karaK said:

Or should i wait for the new gpus from amd and nvidia

I mean we dont even know MSRPs yet, so dont hold your breath on it. Between the 2 im definitely more partial to 6700XT as im very comfortable with GPU overclocking, you can clock up most 6700XT to its limits and get 6750XT level performance on stock, for less price and similar power consumption figures.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

they've been refreshing every 2 years now. you're going to wait for 18 months to get something? it's pretty much always a fallacy to wait for the next thing unless you know what it is and it's weeks away.
I wouldn't worry about bottlenecking because you can drop a 5000 series chip in your motherboard and it will run flawlessly for really cheap (250euro the 5700x 5600x also great?).

and between the two it's whatever you get the best deal on. if it's 445 vs 460 it's 460 every day. but if it's 425 vs 480 much harder to decide if you wouldn't just keep the 60 for the CPU.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz