internet problem

danomat

This problem is weird all my game launchers like steam, epic games and battle net say that i have no internet connection.

My browser works just fine.

I cant even do a windows update cause it says i have no internet also it says in my taskbar that im connect (ethernet)

how do i fix this problem

Try changing the DNS server that your machine is using. Windows does its own pings in the background to see if you have an internet connection. I've run into the same issue as you in the past, where windows said no internet (when I do) where the browser works fine but other stuff doesn't.

It's entirely possible whatever servers they are trying to reach can't be connected to because it's not getting the correct information from DNS

Also the good old method of

turn it off and on again

sometimes fixes it

Maybe a DNS issue? 

Try running in CMD: ipconfig /flushdns

If it's not working after that, try setting a manual DNS provider instead of the routers automatically DHCP

Sounds like DNS issue as my computer does it sometimes, resulting in my video calls being interrupted and reconnected in several seconds.

Normally the DNS config above would help. I also tried Disabling the Ethernet / Wifi port via Network Connections (search via Windows taskbar) and right-click on those icons to Disable before Enabling them again after a minute. It did help a bit.

I hope there will be better ways to help you with this issue. 

49 minutes ago, salmon85 said:

Try changing the DNS server that your machine is using. Windows does its own pings in the background to see if you have an internet connection. I've run into the same issue as you in the past, where windows said no internet (when I do) where the browser works fine but other stuff doesn't.

It's entirely possible whatever servers they are trying to reach can't be connected to because it's not getting the correct information from DNS

Also the good old method of

turn it off and on again

sometimes fixes it

try it didnt work