Build a new PC after nearly 10 years o/

Egozi44

Hi there, this is my first post here (So be gentle please :p), Idk if my post fit here cause not only I'm asking for some suggestions about parts of a new build I already got most of them, but also asking if some of them are going to give me some potential issues,

Also budget and location aren't needed to be pointed out for now.

Alright first off some general details,
I plans to change my almost decade years old machine (which I did upgraded over the years but kept the same Mobo and CPU) and currently got the following parts I'm going to use in my new build:

Motherbord:
GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS PRO LGA1700 Intel Z690 DDR5

CPU:
Intel® Core™ i7-12700K Alder Lake Tray

CPU Fan Cooler:
Noctua NH-D15S Chromax.Black

RAM:
G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series (Intel XMP) 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 6600 CL34-40-40-105 1.40V Dual Channel Desktop Memory F5-6600J3440G16GA2-TZ5RK (Matte Black) 

SSDs/HDDs
‏Samsung SSD 1TB 990 PRO NVMe M.2

Also to note, I will keep using my good old Geforce 980TI for a bit longer thanks to the insane price rate of the 4000 series as well as keep using my current case, few HDDs, SSD, and even the two disk drives I have cause I can and have no issue with those so far in term of functionality and space (You can see my current build in my profile to get more details about the hardwares if you like).

Now for the actual questions:

1. I've got the CPU from above right before the 13 intel gen came out while being unaware it was around the corner,
Main reason was that usually when I build a PC or upgrade a part I'm looking for something that worth upgrade to in terms of functionality if possible over just looking brainlessly for the last part available in the market, all so I could keep the machine going with minimum upgrades for at least 3 to 10 years how much I possibly can,
And Intel CPUs never stroke me as something that needed to be upgraded every year from my experience following them as even my current very old CPU can still hold things to medium degree if I'm not using insane settings/4K/VR,
So when I got parts for my new build I didn't looked nearly at all for the 13 gens when I knew the 12 was already out while having most possible issues fixed by now (hopefully), 
But with the 13 gen I might missed the mark cause in terms of functionality not only that it's stronger and the usual yada yada,
but it also has better memory control for DDR5 RAM and fit the same socket I already got, plus the prices here are more or less the same for how it was for the 12 gen,

So my question is, will it be worth getting the 13700/K over the the 12700K I current have considers I can manage it?
And is there any known issues (aside from the 13 gen producing more heat as I've got it covered) specifically with the Mobo I've picked?
I'm aware I need to Q flash the bios first, but some people reported issues mainly for the Asus mobos which they had to upgrade some driver to fix (more or less),

I'm a bit paranoid with that cause from my experience from when I was a kiddo that went for the last tech just when it came out, I've learned how hard its labor pains can be firsthand, So I usually pick something after it been around for a while all while checking reviews and get some impression and opinions on it,
So that's why I'm asking.

So Tl;dr Is it worth getting the 13700/K in order for me to settle with a stronger machine for a long while?
And are there any issues atm such as compatibility with the mobo I've picked that should make me reconsider getting it and settle with the 12 gen I have?

2. I plans to get an ATX 3.0 PSU (Asus Loki 1000W hopefully) And wanted to ask if it ganna work fine with my current Geforce 980TI till I will eventually replace it (yes I'm aware it can't communicate with any card that is lower than Nvidia's 4000 series)?
And how much of a bottleneck I should expect with that GPU considers I'm not overclock, not use 4K, or VR?

Also if you noticed anything else in the parts I have that could potentially give me some issues, please let me know.

Sorry if it was too long and thanks in advance to whoever help o/

3 minutes ago, Egozi44 said:

GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS PRO LGA1700 Intel Z690 DDR5

3 minutes ago, Egozi44 said:

64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 6600

These 2 parts are the main point or concern. Ddr5 4x16 is already rough on a Gigabyte z690 board, let alone the speed of the ram just plain not working on that board since gigabytes ddr5 z690 boards were pretty bad with higher speeds. If you want higher speed ram I'd consider going with a 2x (x) kit at ~6000 Mhz and switching to a different board like the z790 aorus elite since they fix their bad ddr5 controller on their z790 boards. Imo the 12700k is just fine 

9 minutes ago, Egozi44 said:

And wanted to ask if it ganna work fine with my current Geforce 980TI

ATX 3.0 psus still have 8 pin pcie connectors so there's no worry there 

10 minutes ago, Egozi44 said:

I'm not overclock, use 4K, or VR?

4k is going to be pretty rough, though I can't attest to its ability for VR.

1 hour ago, Ryuikko said:

These 2 parts are the main point or concern. Ddr5 4x16 is already rough on a Gigabyte z690 board, let alone the speed of the ram just plain not working on that board since gigabytes ddr5 z690 boards were pretty bad with higher speeds. If you want higher speed ram I'd consider going with a 2x (x) kit at ~6000 Mhz and switching to a different board like the z790 aorus elite since they fix their bad ddr5 controller on their z790 boards. Imo the 12700k is just fine 

ATX 3.0 psus still have 8 pin pcie connectors so there's no worry there 

4k is going to be pretty rough, though I can't attest to its ability for VR.

Thx for the reply,

I'm not an expert when it comes to rams but from what I got, currently most mobos are limited with DDR5 speed more or less to the PCI (could be wrong though),

I'm not looking for the fast machine out there so I don't mind the Mobo controller not using the best of my DDR5 ram as long as it won't be too noticeable or give me BSODs (unless that's exactly what you meant xD), 

I also see they did fixed many issues in regard to DDR5 rams from the change-log but Idk how good things are now though but last update wasn't that long ago either

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z690-AORUS-PRO-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Sorry about the last one, I meant I'm *not* going to use 4K or VR,

Also are you sure about the CPU?
Usually I will mind buying another one ofc, 
But since I aim to keep the machine for a long time as possible (especially when it comes to the CPU upgrades) and the 13gen use the same socket I wonders if I should go for it (at least this time) as long as there's no issues that could make my life harder with this mobo

1 hour ago, Egozi44 said:

‏Samsung SSD 1TB 990 PRO NVMe M.2

This SSD had a lot of issues recently, Avoid buying it, get SN850X, 980 Pro, Kingston Fury Renegade or something similar. There are plenty of good SSDs on the market. 

Asus Loki 1000W

This is SFX power supply, you should be getting ATX unit (SFX is small form factor), Get something like MSI A1000G or Thermaltake GF3, there is absolutely no need to waste money in high end PSU. 

Noctua NH-D15S Chromax.Black

I would recommend getting AIO cooler instead of NH D15S if your case can fit it, Something like Deepcool LT520 or LS520 will outperform it and costs around same amount of money. 

50 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

This SSD had a lot of issues recently, Avoid buying it, get SN850X, 980 Pro, Kingston Fury Renegade or something similar. There are plenty of good SSDs on the market. 

This is SFX power supply, you should be getting ATX unit (SFX is small form factor), Get something like MSI A1000G or Thermaltake GF3, there is absolutely no need to waste money in high end PSU. 

I would recommend getting AIO cooler instead of NH D15S if your case can fit it, Something like Deepcool LT520 or LS520 will outperform it and costs around same amount of money. 

What I've listed there are parts I've already got,
back when I got it no one report on the issues I've seen right now thx to you notifying me of that,
It's seem Samsung released a firmware update that fix it by now (?), Can I even update a SSD firmware when the OS is installed on it? 

As for the PSU, I know and don't cares about the size as long as it's ATX 3.0, 
Has at least 1000W,
Has enough connections and support for last GPUs in terms of pins/cable types,
And rather take an high end PSU from a good brand that will survive the power outages I have in my area (also got a UPS due to that),
I have a poor experience with Thermaltake (which their PSU literally died on me from outages before I've got my UPS) and so-so exp with MSI and rather stay away from them if I can 😕.

back when I got it no one report on the issues I've seen right now thx to you notifying me of that,
It's seem Samsung released a firmware update that fix it by now (?), Can I even update a SSD firmware when the OS is installed on it? 

This article should help: Samsung 990 Pro Critical Firmware Update | Puget Systems

As for the PSU, I know and don't cares about the size as long as it's ATX 3.0, 
Has at least 1000W,
Has enough connections and support for last GPUs in terms of pins/cable types,
And rather take an high end PSU from a good brand that will survive the power outages I have in my area (also got a UPS due to that),
I have a poor experience with Thermaltake (which their PSU literally died on me from outages before I've got my UPS) and so-so exp with MSI and rather stay away from them if I can 😕.

Small form factor PSUs tend to be more expensive than normal size ones, also sometimes they have shorter cables that don't reach in big cases. 

If you don't like Thermaltake don't get it then. MSI A1000G PCIE5 is fine unit, NZXT C1200 is decent as well, they are both made by CWT as is Thermaltake Toughpower GF3, so basically they are same units sold by different brands, same goes for Silverstone HELA 1200R. It seems most of the ATX 3.0 PSUs available right now are from CWT, they all come with 10 years of warranty except Silverstone as it seems to have only 5 year warranty, so I would not recommend it.

SeaSonic VERTEX GX-1000 seems to be best option for you as you want "good brand", but CWT is very good as well. 

Do mind that efficiency rating does not translate to quality.

Thanks @Dr0idGh0sT
Putting the PSU aside for now,

Should I consider getting other SSD just to be on the safe side?
Since it's too earlier to know if the issue was fixed right now and it's kinda risky to have my OS installed on the 990 pro atm.

Also @Ryuikko I've looked around since yesterday about ram issues, and since I can't confirm the ram issues were fixed (or at least stabilized enough) with bios updates, as well as seeing my mobo is on the red due to it mainly supports 6000 mhz "and beyond" (at least by gigabtye which Idk if I should trust) as well as G.Skill not even showing my ram sticks in their configurator list for that mobo.. (Though it may just be a mistake on their code end) I may really need to buy a mobo again,

Main reason I've got the Aorus pro was since it had a lot of USB and Sata slots, 

So Aorus Z790 Master is out of the question since it only got 4 slots along with other high end Z790 mobos, 
And as if the Master not expensive already anything beyond it will be even more expensive so the Elite might be the good choice here,

What mainly pains me here is that like the other Elite mobos this one only has 9 USB slots which 4 out of them aren't even USB 3, and that it not has that mini monitor gimmic thingy that is on the mobo to show you some number that give you a better indication of an error it's facing (I got it on my current old Asus mobo and it was really helpful),

But since I don't see any Pro edition of the Z790 I guess I will have to settle with it as I have no choice,
Unless you know a better alternative (which not must to come from Gigabyte, it just has to support the same things as the Elite and have 6 SATA slot due to my HDDs)

Also about the ram, are you sure that even with the Elite I won't have some issues with 4 RAM sticks (Just as reminder I'm not going to OC anything)?
Some people in reddit made it sounds like an impossible thing to achieve which made me wonders why mobos being sold with DDR5 4 slots even if there's some limitation with how much the PCI 5 can handle them.

And one last thing about the CPU,
Considers I may need to get another mobo and SDD I should probably give up on the idea of getting 13 gen for now, so you can ignore my last question. 

On 3/22/2023 at 4:24 AM, Egozi44 said:

Get the Samsung Magician and use it to update your firmware NOW! It will not affect your data to do so, but some older firmware versions slowly corrupt some of the SSD, eventually leading to it becoming permanently read-only.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

5 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Get the Samsung Magician and use it to update your firmware NOW! It will not affect your data to do so, but some older firmware versions slowly corrupt some of the SSD, eventually leading to it becoming permanently read-only.

No worries as the SSD not even in used yet,

I plan to do it with some SSD docking somewhere before use it in my new build as I'm kinda scared to do it when the OS is installed on it,

Right now may main issue relate to Mobos and RAMs,
I'm not an expert in these and need some expert help about what to do with either since no one give me a stright answer about what ganna happened (slow pc? unstable build? BSOD?) if I use the mobo I have with 4 DDR5 stick of mhz that slightly surpassed that of the mobo,
Or if getting a new mobo that support higher mhz speed will be better or still give me the same issues (again what kind of issues? no one tells me) as long as I use 4 ram DDR5 sticks 

8 hours ago, Egozi44 said:

No worries as the SSD not even in used yet,

I plan to do it with some SSD docking somewhere before use it in my new build as I'm kinda scared to do it when the OS is installed on it,

Really, you don't need to worry about it. Just run Magician and it'll revise the firmware without affecting your data. It's just like updating other types of firmware (e.g. BIOS), but easier.

Right now may main issue relate to Mobos and RAMs,
I'm not an expert in these and need some expert help about what to do with either since no one give me a stright answer about what ganna happened (slow pc? unstable build? BSOD?) if I use the mobo I have with 4 DDR5 stick of mhz that slightly surpassed that of the mobo,
Or if getting a new mobo that support higher mhz speed will be better or still give me the same issues (again what kind of issues? no one tells me) as long as I use 4 ram DDR5 sticks

Ok, so I was looking back to try and figure out what you were talking about, but I'm a bit confused. Ryuikko sufficiently answered your question about the mobo and RAM, and you said to forget about getting the 13700k because you need to replace your mobo (I agree).

I will give you my preliminary answer: if you REALLY desire that your computer be able to last a long time, both CPUs are great. I have the same CPU (the i5-12600k is almost as good, honestly). Our CPU ranks #22 while the 13700k ranks #4. However, it'll cost you over $400 for the new one. To me, it's not worth it but if you insist on having DDR5 to make upgrading RAM easier, then go for it.

However...

I think you should replace the mobo. If you can tell me the requirements you have for a new one, I can try to help you. Please be detailed.

Please also note that there is a chance that the RAM you have won't work with a new mobo, or that it will work but not optimally. Worst case, it won't post or it'll cause BSODs or, at least, like with mine, it won't play nice with XMP.

I'm not sure why you're looking for more than 4 RAM slots, nor do I understand why you want 4 8GB sticks - using all 4 slots tends to cause a reduction in overall memory performance compared to just 2 sticks.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

On 3/24/2023 at 11:49 AM, RevGAM said:

Really, you don't need to worry about it. Just run Magician and it'll revise the firmware without affecting your data. It's just like updating other types of firmware (e.g. BIOS), but easier.

Ok, so I was looking back to try and figure out what you were talking about, but I'm a bit confused. Ryuikko sufficiently answered your question about the mobo and RAM, and you said to forget about getting the 13700k because you need to replace your mobo (I agree).

I will give you my preliminary answer: if you REALLY desire that your computer be able to last a long time, both CPUs are great. I have the same CPU (the i5-12600k is almost as good, honestly). Our CPU ranks #22 while the 13700k ranks #4. However, it'll cost you over $400 for the new one. To me, it's not worth it but if you insist on having DDR5 to make upgrading RAM easier, then go for it.

However...

I think you should replace the mobo. If you can tell me the requirements you have for a new one, I can try to help you. Please be detailed.

Please also note that there is a chance that the RAM you have won't work with a new mobo, or that it will work but not optimally. Worst case, it won't post or it'll cause BSODs or, at least, like with mine, it won't play nice with XMP.

I'm not sure why you're looking for more than 4 RAM slots, nor do I understand why you want 4 8GB sticks - using all 4 slots tends to cause a reduction in overall memory performance compared to just 2 sticks.

Thx for the help so far,

I did many firmware updates before but never did one to an HDD/SSD while the OS was installed on it nor ever used Magician,
But if you say it's as easy as other firmware update it's fine then,
Still I rather use a docker to upgrade it from when the SSD is empty (i.e. even without the OS installed) to minimize any potential damage from the current firmware as possible,
The main reason I'm still thinking of getting other SSD is cause the fix for the 990 pro is nearly 1 month old and it's too earlier to know if it really was fixed atm.

I think you confused most of the quotes so I will try answer them to make it more easier:

Ryuikko just told me to change ram and mobo, he didn't told me exactly what the issues that could occurred are (I'm noob with DDR5 rams),
I could've only guessed what the issues would be like but wasn't sure cause I never had to face with these kinds of issues with DDR4 or maybe even 3 if I ever used any as a kiddo (at least around the time I build my rigs),
Also I'm not OC so XMP aren't my concerned,

Thx for answering me about the issues part since I could've only guessed these will be the issues but wasn't sure.

As for the CPU I could've afforded the 13700k but as you said it's a waste of money when I already got the 12700k plus new hardware tends to come with its own issues and most mobos had random issues with 13-Gen as is, though it does seems that bios and driver update solved them but the CPU is barely half a year out so I rather not risk it,

And now that I many need to get a mobo, affording the CPU also got rough so we can put it on the side for now.

About the mobo and ram,
Idk how you concluded I wanted more than 4 ram sticks or 8GB of ram as I don't see I ever stated that🤔,

I currently have 16GB x4, I wants 64GB of ram and already got expensive ones that I rather won't replace,

As I've mentioned above DDR4 was brainless for me when it came to 4 sticks and I wasn't aware that DDR5 was still a tech gimmick that not really gives what its premise offered even at 2022-2023 so I wasn't aware that 4 sticks (which Mobo manufactures provide as if they're the most casual thing ever for DDR5) were too much to ask for and that was where I've failed hard and going to pay for now ;/

So for now I want to keep my rams and upgrade my mobo as it be more beneficial getting the new chipset than just wasting a lot of money on another expansive set of DDR5 that won't change much aside from working as intended (at best),

Unless my current mobo can still handle it since it had many bios fixes and should work with these rams,
But Idk how stable it will be with them due to what Ryuikko said which seem to be very true.

Rn I wants to keep the same ram I have and just get a mobo that could handle it,

When I've got the Aorus Z690 Pro I was looking for a mobo that could:

•Support new CPU and DDR5 hardware,
•Has many USB connections and SATA as possible (At least 8 USBs and 6 SATAS) and also 4 ram slots

•And ofc being from a qualitative brand that use good components and maybe even few gimmicks to keep the board alive as many years as it can,

And the Pro answered all of that without cost the same way as Geforce 3090TI,

What I'm thinking of getting now is the Aorus Z790 Elite cause the Master only has 4 SATA slots which for me is a deal breaker even more than the USB slots,
The downside of the Elite is that it has only 8 USB slots and 4 of them are USB 2 (Pro has 12 and all of them are USB 3),
And the Pro had that small monitor-like thingy that give you a number of possible error at the board which the Elite doesn't has as well but it's not a biggy I guess,

The main question is if the Z790 Elite could hold the ram better (I'm not OC anything)?
If not feel free to suggest other Mobos, 
The only other one that comes to mind is the Asus Maximus Z790 Hero which I believe could handle it but expensive as hell,
So if you know of anything that has what I'm looking for and can handle the ram, please let me know,
Getting the Hero is doable but will hurt so I rather look for something cheaper if possible. 

22 hours ago, Egozi44 said:

About the mobo and ram,
Idk how you concluded I wanted more than 4 ram sticks or 8GB of ram as I don't see I ever stated that

Something you wrote before seemed to imply it. Never mind.

Look, if you want at least 8 USB and 6 SATA with error code LEDs, then stop wasting your time on mobos like those.

I recommend that you use a PC builder like on NewEgg to find a selection of mobos that meet your needs - start by searching for the ones that are compatible with your CPU of choice and focus on USB+SATA in excess of the 8+6 you mentioned, weeding out anything that has too little, and then focus on what's left by weeding out based on other criteria, including the error code LEDs. I hope that makes sense. Amazon doesn't have a builder and I'm not sure who else does.

Sorry for not responding sooner - I've been doing some testing of different fans on my Noctua NH-U12A in preparation for a video about it that I'll release on my YT. It's kept me busy the past two weekends.

2 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Something you wrote before seemed to imply it. Never mind.

Look, if you want at least 8 USB and 6 SATA with error code LEDs, then stop wasting your time on mobos like those.

I recommend that you use a PC builder like on NewEgg to find a selection of mobos that meet your needs - start by searching for the ones that are compatible with your CPU of choice and focus on USB+SATA in excess of the 8+6 you mentioned, weeding out anything that has too little, and then focus on what's left by weeding out based on other criteria, including the error code LEDs. I hope that makes sense. Amazon doesn't have a builder and I'm not sure who else does.

Sorry for not responding sooner - I've been doing some testing of different fans on my Noctua NH-U12A in preparation for a video about it that I'll release on my YT. It's kept me busy the past two weekends.

I did looked it up in Gigabyte and Asus sites and got only the most expensive mobos showing up in the search result if I use these filters (The ones in between seem to have only 4 SATA ports while the low and high end ones have 6),

I did said I don't mind give up on the led if that increase the mobo options,
Kinda a bummer though consider that even a decade ago I managed to get mobos that had it in the same price just like I got the Aorus Pro,
But Gigabyte doen't seem to have it for most of their low to middle Aorus mobos and Asus are too much expensive just for a led gimmick, so I don't mind give up on that,

The real question is what kind of mobo work just fine with the ram I'm currently got while using all of its 4 slots, and while being clocked as I don't plan to mess with OC anytime soon / at all unless times will demand it xD

I just needs at least 8 USBs with seem to be the standards now anyway (unlike back then) and 6 SATA ports due to the stuff I want to connect,
Anything else is a bonus

With that being said and that is my main concern rn I need to know if mobos like the Z790 Elite will work fine with my ram speed and controllers stress (since I'm going to use all 4 ram slots), so I won't do the same mistake I did with the Pro again,
And if not then I need suggestions as to what mobo will be able to work with that RAM mhz speed on 4 slots with minimal issues (and while not being overclocked), 

If I take out some brands like MSI which I'm not really into,
That only leave Asus Hero and other mobo from the same section,
But the issue here is that looking through these sites only shows you the hardware and give you info on the specs,
Only actual users/experts with exp knows if these things actually work as intended or not through testing,
which is why I need help in recommending me something that work stable enough with DDR5 in the first place ahah.

Also about the YT video part, that is fine, you can take your time,
It's not like you have to answer in the first place and I appreciate you use your time to offer help despite that 😉

Also sorry if I'm insisting on that mobo subject, but I've made my choice to change the mobo over the ram, so I need to know that I'm going to pick something right this time around to spare me the time and money from running into issues again xD

On 3/22/2023 at 1:59 AM, Egozi44 said:

And how much of a bottleneck I should expect with that GPU considers I'm not overclock, not use 4K, or VR?

I wouldn’t expect great 4K performance with your card. For gaming: older titles will be in your favor. For newer games you will probably be a bit limited. Probably able to turn settings down a bit and get by, but nothing too amazing. Same boat for VR. Check out system requirements for what you want to play and see how you stack up of course.

5 hours ago, Metaformed said:

I wouldn’t expect great 4K performance with your card. For gaming: older titles will be in your favor. For newer games you will probably be a bit limited. Probably able to turn settings down a bit and get by, but nothing too amazing. Same boat for VR. Check out system requirements for what you want to play and see how you stack up of course.

I said I'm not going to use 4K or VR though xP
Never was into these gimmicks, and probably won't be into VR till it will reach to the level it replace/be next to a monitor, 

That being said I do plan to change the GPU eventually but first things first 

11 hours ago, Egozi44 said:

I did looked it up in Gigabyte and Asus sites and got only the most expensive mobos showing up in the search result if I use these filters (The ones in between seem to have only 4 SATA ports while the low and high end ones have 6),

I did said I don't mind give up on the led if that increase the mobo options,
Kinda a bummer though consider that even a decade ago I managed to get mobos that had it in the same price just like I got the Aorus Pro,
But Gigabyte doen't seem to have it for most of their low to middle Aorus mobos and Asus are too much expensive just for a led gimmick, so I don't mind give up on that,

The real question is what kind of mobo work just fine with the ram I'm currently got while using all of its 4 slots, and while being clocked as I don't plan to mess with OC anytime soon / at all unless times will demand it xD

I just needs at least 8 USBs with seem to be the standards now anyway (unlike back then) and 6 SATA ports due to the stuff I want to connect,
Anything else is a bonus

With that being said and that is my main concern rn I need to know if mobos like the Z790 Elite will work fine with my ram speed and controllers stress (since I'm going to use all 4 ram slots), so I won't do the same mistake I did with the Pro again,
And if not then I need suggestions as to what mobo will be able to work with that RAM mhz speed on 4 slots with minimal issues (and while not being overclocked), 

If I take out some brands like MSI which I'm not really into,
That only leave Asus Hero and other mobo from the same section,
But the issue here is that looking through these sites only shows you the hardware and give you info on the specs,
Only actual users/experts with exp knows if these things actually work as intended or not through testing,
which is why I need help in recommending me something that work stable enough with DDR5 in the first place ahah.

Also about the YT video part, that is fine, you can take your time,
It's not like you have to answer in the first place and I appreciate you use your time to offer help despite that 😉

Also sorry if I'm insisting on that mobo subject, but I've made my choice to change the mobo over the ram, so I need to know that I'm going to pick something right this time around to spare me the time and money from running into issues again xD

I'm not an expert, but I can help. I want you to go to NewEgg and elilminate as many mobos as you can, then provide me with the link and/or list of the mobos that fit your requirements. I will then check the QVL for your ram (please provide the model number(s)) and let you know which to eliminate from the list. Then, you can try to find one that has the error code LEDs (if there is one on your list) that has the best options. Since I'm not an "expert", you can then start a new post in the mobo sub-forum and ask them which will be best for your RAM.

Let me know if you want to do that.

On 3/26/2023 at 2:24 PM, RevGAM said:

I'm not an expert, but I can help. I want you to go to NewEgg and elilminate as many mobos as you can, then provide me with the link and/or list of the mobos that fit your requirements. I will then check the QVL for your ram (please provide the model number(s)) and let you know which to eliminate from the list. Then, you can try to find one that has the error code LEDs (if there is one on your list) that has the best options. Since I'm not an "expert", you can then start a new post in the mobo sub-forum and ask them which will be best for your RAM.

Let me know if you want to do that.

Thanks,

NewEgg doesn't offer too many mobos after the filters (only shows me the GIGABYTE Z790 UD AC and GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX)
It also doesn't have any filters for USB slots and the like,
Someone told me to try this board

But I'm not really a MSI fan, though I'm desperate enough to try things if none of the hardcore brand are going to fix their mess with bios updates anytime soon~

What do you think of that mobo? ;o  

9 hours ago, Egozi44 said:

Thanks,

NewEgg doesn't offer too many mobos after the filters (only shows me the GIGABYTE Z790 UD AC and GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX)
It also doesn't have any filters for USB slots and the like,
Someone told me to try this board

But I'm not really a MSI fan, though I''m desperate enough to try things if none of the hardcore brand are going to fix their mess with bios updates anytime soon~

What do you think of that mobo? ;o  

It has 1 each DP and HDMI. 5 m.2 PCIe Gen 4 ports, 4 DDR5 up to 7200MHz+OC, 1 PCIe 5x16, 2 more PCIe 3x1 and 4x4, 1 Cpu fan header (so you'd need a splitter if your cooler has 2 fans), 1 AIO pump header,  6 channel fan headers, clear CMOS button, re-bar, flash BIOS USB port,  and, as far as USB 3.2, 9 on the back and 4 on the front, including 2 USB-C on the back, one of which runs at 20GB/s, and 4 USB 2.0, I think 7 SATA, 4x EZ Debug LED, 1x EZ LED Control switch and other stuff. 

Seems like it meets your needs. 

12 hours ago, RevGAM said:

It has 1 each DP and HDMI. 5 m.2 PCIe Gen 4 ports, 4 DDR5 up to 7200MHz+OC, 1 PCIe 5x16, 2 more PCIe 3x1 and 4x4, 1 Cpu fan header (so you'd need a splitter if your cooler has 2 fans), 1 AIO pump header,  6 channel fan headers, clear CMOS button, re-bar, flash BIOS USB port,  and, as far as USB 3.2, 9 on the back and 4 on the front, including 2 USB-C on the back, one of which runs at 20GB/s, and 4 USB 2.0, I think 7 SATA, 4x EZ Debug LED, 1x EZ LED Control switch and other stuff. 

Seems like it meets your needs. 

Yeah,
But as a Gigabyte and Asus long time user I mostly wants to know if MSI are trustworthy though,
I didn't had MSI board for decades and worry if the board will die on me one day all of the sudden,
Or if their bios won't gives me any issues,
Do you have any experience with MSI yourself to recommend them? 

Also do you assume the board will be able to hold my current ram (on JEDEC default speed) with the i7-12700K considers the ram speed is really high and that I use 4 sticks and all?

Yeah,
But as a Gigabyte and Asus long time user I mostly wants to know if MSI are trustworthy though,
I didn't had MSI board for decades and worry if the board will die on me one day all of the sudden,
Or if their bios won't gives me any issues,
Do you have any experience with MSI yourself to recommend them? 

Also do you assume the board will be able to hold my current ram (on JEDEC default speed) with the i7-12700K considers the ram speed is really high and that I use 4 sticks and all?

I'm not a mobo reviewer, and I've never used MSI, so I can't really comment. I know that GN has given MSI a lot of crap, though, but some people here regularly recommend MSI.

Not sure about your RAM, and I have to go to work where I don't get the chance to research, so either wait for someone else to answer or post that question in the CPU, mobo and memory sub-forum.

22 hours ago, RevGAM said:

I'm not a mobo reviewer, and I've never used MSI, so I can't really comment. I know that GN has given MSI a lot of crap, though, but some people here regularly recommend MSI.

Not sure about your RAM, and I have to go to work where I don't get the chance to research, so either wait for someone else to answer or post that question in the CPU, mobo and memory sub-forum.

After reading some reviews and asking around I think about giving that mobo a try since I'm desperate and don't see Asus or GB solving their ram issues anytime soon ;/

Btw who is GN again? xD

3 hours ago, Egozi44 said:

After reading some reviews and asking around I think about giving that mobo a try since I'm desperate and don't see Asus or GB solving their ram issues anytime soon ;/

Btw who is GN again? xD

Gamers Nexus

On 3/26/2023 at 1:51 AM, Egozi44 said:

I said I'm not going to use 4K or VR though xP
Never was into these gimmicks, and probably won't be into VR till it will reach to the level it replace/be next to a monitor, 

That being said I do plan to change the GPU eventually but first things first 

Oof ignore me- i apparently could not read at the time.