First Time Builder - Need Help With Choosing a Case

che10

Hello everyone!

I have finally decided to build a PC on my own after owning laptops for the past 13 years and I need some help in deciding which options are the best for my build.

I am planning to build something that would last me at least 4-5 years - do some light productivity + gaming(1440p). I am not a competitive gamer. I play games as a hobby.

My build will be around a R9 7900x.

I would like to know which case to get from the ones below(These are the only available ones in my country):

• NZXT H710i - $180

• NZXT H710 - $180

• NZXT H510 Elite - $168

• CoolerMaster Mastercase H500P Mesh - $160

• MSI MPG Velox 100p Airflow Case - $137. MY CURRENT PICK.

• NZXT H510i - $120

• COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX TD500 - $91

• COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX 520 MESH - $91

Thanks in advance!

For any first timer I always recommend looking into video reviews to see how easy it is to build in. For me though, I only ever care about how good the airflow is. Gamers Nexus has the best data set and graphs for that so far. So, you can check whichever case you like and see how it stacks up against the others. 

As far as your list goes:

I'd stay away from any of the NZXT's. Overpriced for your region and has the worse airflow. Any of the front open mesh cases like the MSI or Coolermaster ones are immediately better. Personally, I'd go with CoolerMaster since they have the better reputation, but I can't imagine the MSI one being bad since it has the open mesh at the front. I also like the little built-in RGB strip on the side if you're into that. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

3 minutes ago, P e r s e p h o n e said:

For any first timer I always recommend looking into video reviews to see how easy it is to build in. For me though, I only ever care about how good the airflow is. Gamers Nexus has the best data set and graphs for that so far. So, you can check whichever case you like and see how it stacks up against the others. 

As far as your list goes:

I'd stay away from any of the NZXT's. Overpriced for your region and has the worse airflow. Any of the front open mesh cases like the MSI or Coolermaster ones are immediately better. Personally, I'd go with CoolerMaster since they have the better reputation, but I can't imagine the MSI one being bad since it has the open mesh at the front. I also like the little built-in RGB strip on the side if you're into that. 

Thanks for your reply! I have been debating between the H500P , TD500 and the Velox 100p(current pick). I care about airflow mostly + to fit a 360 AIO comfortably. The TD500 one states "44mm max motherboard component height" for top placement and I am not sure what that means or if I shouldn't worry about it.

10 minutes ago, che10 said:

Thanks for your reply! I have been debating between the H500P , TD500 and the Velox 100p(current pick). I care about airflow mostly + to fit a 360 AIO comfortably. The TD500 one states "44mm max motherboard component height" for top placement and I am not sure what that means or if I shouldn't worry about it.

44mm from the base of the motherboard going up towards the side panel. If you have parts on the motherboard sticking up vertically it cannot exceed that height if you plan to put a radiator in there. IMHO in terms of pure value this is the best one. Great spacing, great layout, almost entirely mesh, lowest price... It's what I'd choose. 

The H500P isn't much of an upgrade in terms of pure airflow performance.

The MSI 100p isn't the version I'd choose from this line up personally. I think there's one with a better front mesh. Though I understand your limited choices. 

Can't go wrong with these three though, but if it were me, I'd get the TD500 and save the cash. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️