Alphacool custom GPU watercooling customization

First of all, the article link, because tom's hardware does a much better job than I with articles: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/alphacool-gpu-cooler-customization-service,26675.html#react26675

Alphacool has split full cover graphics card watercooling blocks into two pieces, a custom heatsink plate for everything but the GPU, and a modular waterblock for the GPU itself. Here is their picture:

118a.jpg

Sorry, that's a big picture, but that's the only one they had.

The goal is better compatibility, because you can buy any design they have archived, and you can send in cards they don't have archived (and they'll give you the block, heatsink and backplate they make for it for free if you send one in that they don't have), as well as a better price for it; they say it will be around 60-80 euros, or about 80-120 USD, depending on the card.

Of course, because the water only goes into the block for the GPU and doesn't flow over the power delivery or memory, it won't perform at the same level as a traditional full cover waterblock, but the goal isn't to replace that.

Personally, I think this is really cool, because we can get cheap watercooling solutions for custom PCB cards that are made to be overclocked, but don't have a waterblock designed for them, and it's less noisy and finicky than the NZXT G10. However, at the same time I don't know if I would actually buy one, because watercooling is fairly niche and I don't have the skill or the money to make it worthwhile, even with cheaper solutions like this one.

PS: this is my first time posting a news topic, so if I did anything wrong, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Oh, so it is. Sorry about that! I didn't see that, I thought this was fairly recent news, given that the Tom's hardware article was from today. 

Looks nice. Alphacool makes good stuff.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

There's a simple solution to the section that (now) is just a heat-sink. They can just make a separate water-channel in it, and have the same type of standardized fittings, then just connect the gpu-block to the (as of now, but then water-channeled) heat-sink/plate via a short piece of tubing or angled fittings.

This would make the whole block a water-loop, or in any case, open for customization as far as the price-to-function is concerned.

If their engineers can't engineer these types of simple "fixes", Alphacool should just hire me, lol.

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

Might be a repost but for your first news topic you did a good job : D

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"