Recycling old tablet help.

Lucksoar

Hi all, first post here. I'm looking to recycle an old Kindle Fire HD, 2013 model. I originally wanted to wipe the OS and turn it into a simple android tablet, but unfortunately it was completely boot locked (probably from me messing with it) and I couldn't even factory restore it. I already have some uses for a few of the components to keep the whole thing from becoming e-waste, both speakers, the micro USB, and the headphone jack are all still solid and only need a bit of soldering to work with whatever I want, but the part I wanted to save the most has proven more difficult.

I have the display, an LG LD070WX6-SM01, and I would very much like to adapt it to use HDMI. I've browsed around for LCD control boards, but I'm not familiar enough with the space to know exactly what I should be looking for. I'm fairly capable of modding if it's not too complex, and I know my way around a simple circuit board, so it wouldn't bother me if I had to do some work to make my own, but I don't know where I'd begin. If anyone else knows how I can save this 10 year old display from the landfill, I'd really appreciate the assist.

If it helps at all, the display alone doesn't have touch, the screen was split into two different components attached to the motherboard separately, and the actual touch part was glued to the bezel, it was unfortunately cracked and I feel like it would be more effort than it's worth to try to recycle.

(For a bit of extra lore, I kind of want to turn all the useful parts out of this dead Kindle Fire into a cigar box computer, using a single board PC and some custom parts.)

Thanks for the read, and I hope to start a few more projects with help around here.