How do I fresh install windows on frozen pc?

WestTexan
Go to solution Solved by matt0725,

if you use the USB installer i believe youll have an option to wipe drives in the installer itself. youll just want to change your BIOS to prefer booting from USB before an SSD/HDD or press whatever button is boot selection on the splash screen and select USB.

So here is how my pc is right now :

Turn on,  get to the screen where you put your password in. The moment I see the wallpaper, it freezes about 5 seconds later

This is what I CAN do :

Turn pc on and get into bios and it does not freeze there

Press the restart button a bunch of times until it says windows has a problem and from there I can select to go into desktop with safe mode and it does not freeze.

I want to wipe my SSD and HDD and fresh install windows 10 using a bootable windows 10 usb I just made.

How do I first wipe my pc then fresh install with the usb?

if you use the USB installer i believe youll have an option to wipe drives in the installer itself. youll just want to change your BIOS to prefer booting from USB before an SSD/HDD or press whatever button is boot selection on the splash screen and select USB.

1 minute ago, matt0725 said:

There is a section in the bios about boot priority . If I insert the usb before I put my pc on then put the USB first in line for boot priority would that work?

2 minutes ago, WestTexan said:

There is a section in the bios about boot priority . If I insert the usb before I put my pc on then put the USB first in line for boot priority would that work?

yes 🙂

You've probably got some driver that's not working right, causing the PC to lock up (or at least stop responding to USB devices). Does the light on the mouse stay on?

If you can successfully boot to Safe Mode, you shouldn't have a problem booting off of install media. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.