decent temporary GPU until upgrade

stack

im currently running a system with an i5-7600k, gtx 1050 and a 450w PSU,

while im in limbo with this lower wattage PSU, would an upgrade to a 1660TI be sensible?

running on a non-TI 1050 really is a struggle in 2023, some (albeit demanding) games i cant even reach 40fps on lowest graphics

this would be temporary until my very generous friend upgrades his 2060 super and i receive that card - ( planning on buying a higher wattage PSU in the future )

just need some advice on this topic

I'd get a 3060 as your upgrade and be content. the 3060 is strong as and a great card

2 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

I'd get a 3060 as your upgrade and be content. the 3060 is strong as and a great card

thats true but budget constraints are kinda tight for fitting a 3060 and a decent PSU

the 450 is plenty for a 3060 and that cpu
I just wouldnt go any higher. they are a "175w" but even furmark has mine at 150w. Just get a regular non fancy one

Why not keep the 1050 until you can afford the upgrade? Spending money on some temporary upgrade will just reduce your budget. I get it. The 1050 is not very good, but isn't it better to get a better GPU once than two decent GPUs?

1 hour ago, aDoomGuy said:

Why not keep the 1050 until you can afford the upgrade? Spending money on some temporary upgrade will just reduce your budget. I get it. The 1050 is not very good, but isn't it better to get a better GPU once than two decent GPUs?

mr friend is unsure of when he will upgrade and im not sure if he is going to be charging me for the card, there is a used 1660ti for sale near me for $100 and the 1660ti's performance is considerably better than the 1050 which is all i need at the moment. though i do think that i could get a better card as opposed to the 2060s in the future