how to designate some space on your drives for system restore system protection

alhot11

hi lnuis techtips folk i formated my pc and created a restore points but after instaling some programs and such when i go to the restore points it got removed and replaced with rondom things of programs that i intalled 

i have a 2TP ssd how to designate a space just for the restore points? 

like should I partition some space for the restore points ? if so how ? 

^___^ 

In the System Properties window, you saw on the following computer and whether System Restore is enabled for each of them. You should see System Restore disabled for all of them, except for where Windows 10 is installed. All are present on the partition where Windows 10 is located.
First of all, note that you don't get any benefit from enabling the recovery system on partitions other than the one you installed Windows 10 on. However, the recovery system allows you to enable it on any drives, even those with a Windows installation. not found.
In short, select it from the list of available drives, click on Configure, and then check the box next to Enable system protection. Click or tap OK and you're done.
If you've just enabled System Restore, your best bet is to manually create the first restore point. All you have to do is return to the System Protection tab in the System Properties window, click the Create button, and follow the steps in the Create a Restore Point wizard.

21 minutes ago, Charlie_55 said:

In the System Properties window, you saw on the following computer and whether System Restore is enabled for each of them. You should see System Restore disabled for all of them, except for where Windows 10 is installed. All are present on the partition where Windows 10 is located.
First of all, note that you don't get any benefit from enabling the recovery system on partitions other than the one you installed Windows 10 on. However, the recovery system allows you to enable it on any drives, even those with a Windows installation. not found.
In short, select it from the list of available drives, click on Configure, and then check the box next to Enable system protection. Click or tap OK and you're done.
If you've just enabled System Restore, your best bet is to manually create the first restore point. All you have to do is return to the System Protection tab in the System Properties window, click the Create button, and follow the steps in the Create a Restore Point wizard.

hey charlie thanks for the respons 
i created other after i installed everything i wanted will this restore points be there like after one year if I miss up anything ? 
i want this restore points to be kept is there away do save it lock it or anyithing to prevent windows from deleting it or overwriting it ?