To all people owning a Cooler Master NR600

Justsomeonewho
Go to solution Solved by johnno23,

no worries..you seem to have gotten the fan mounted as required so you should be ok but it does sound like a rather odd oversight on the case? unless they wanted people to just use 2 fans. myself I alwys use the bottom fan as I think of it as wasted airflow if not utilized but then I think all sorts of things that may or not make any sense to the real world 馃檪

Hi, I wanna if any of you had the same problem than me.

The NR600 is capable of taking 3 120mm case fans in the front panel, tho, and i don't know why, the bottom fan is like impossible to screw, the screw "holes" seems tinier than the middle and top one, i don't understand why, using the exact same screws, there's no problem fixing the top and middle fan but not the bottom one

you might just be unlucky with a production fault ? but the metal is very thin and you could just use a slightly larger screw to strip out a little metal making the diameter a little larger then your fan can be mounted. I would add that this is not what you should do as it is something that should have been correct in the first place but it is what i would do simply to fix a stupid issue

4 minutes ago, johnno23 said:

you might just be unlucky with a production fault ? but the metal is very thin and you could just use a slightly larger screw to strip out a little metal making the diameter a little larger then your fan can be mounted. I would add that this is not what you should do as it is something that should have been correct in the first place but it is what i would do simply to fix a stupid issue

That's what I did, but the previous owner said he had no difficulty puting 3 fans on front, that's just weird

Just now, Justsomeonewho said:

That's what I did, but the previous owner said he had no difficulty puting 3 fans on front, that's just weird

Plus, the bottom fan is now only screwed with 2 screwed, because the 2 screws that are supposed to be at the bottom of the bottom fan, are impossible to reach with the HDD bay,

yup...you were simply unlucky.... it is of course a possibilty that when the panels were treated as your case is not bare metal it might have just had a little extra residue from the process that remaind and resulted in a smaller diameter.

for the bottom fan I suggest you tighten the screw gently and ensure that you do not pull it at an angle.

a fan using only 2 screws is not a problem at all but if you tighten them a little too much then the fan will fit tight at the top and come away from the bottom. if this has happened at al just loosen the top screws a tiny bit at a time till the fan is nice and flat against the frame

4 minutes ago, johnno23 said:

for the bottom fan I suggest you tighten the screw gently and ensure that you do not pull it at an angle.

a fan using only 2 screws is not a problem at all but if you tighten them a little too much then the fan will fit tight at the top and come away from the bottom. if this has happened at al just loosen the top screws a tiny bit at a time till the fan is nice and flat against the frame

See what you mean, they're perfectly against the case 馃檪聽THE NR600 comes with little plastic tube, that are supposed to replace some screws, it's not perfect but it do the job

Good to hear and if you were at all worried I believe the HDD bay could be removed ? add the screws and put the HDD back again or is it a fixed item? never used the case in question myself.

2 hours ago, johnno23 said:

Good to hear and if you were at all worried I believe the HDD bay could be removed ? add the screws and put the HDD back again or is it a fixed item? never used the case in question myself.

Nope, only one of the side is removable, and the wrong one

no worries..you seem to have gotten the fan mounted as required so you should be ok but it does sound like a rather odd oversight on the case? unless they wanted people to just use 2 fans. myself I alwys use the bottom fan as I think of it as wasted airflow if not utilized but then I think all sorts of things that may or not make any sense to the real world 馃檪