At Witts End With This Damn Night Light Mode - Win 11

NormanD
Go to solution Solved by Robchil,
18 minutes ago, NormanD said:

Hey all, hopefully someone here has seen or experienced this issue and can suggest a solution. Recently I upgraded my monitor to an LG Ultra Gear, I still have my two older 1080p HP monitors hooked up for now also, to achieve a 3 monitor setup. Ever sense hooking this LG monitor up, I have been STUCK with Windows 11 night light issues.

My main issue is that when I wake the PC after an extended time of being away (morning, noon or night), it wakes with night light on. At which point I cant turn it off unless I restart my PC, if I try to turn it off in the Windows settings, the window just freezes then closes and nothing happens.

I've tried all the typical stuff:

• Turning off the night light auto mode (Windows doesn't even save this change and just reverts it back)

• Updated GPU driver

• Updated Win

• Updated Display Driver

• Deleted/reset the registry entries for night light

Nothing has been able to correct this issue, now is this a life or death issue, no of course not, but having to do a restart every time I want to use my PC since thats the only way to fix this, until the PC goes back into sleep mode again... man does it become quite annoying. Ultimately I would rather this headache just be off indefinitely at this point rather than having to keep doing this dance with my PC lol.

Hopefully somebody, anybody, could shed some light on this issue? Thanks all!

if you have HDR on for windows and fullscreen mode.. set it to fullscreen only. 

Hey all, hopefully someone here has seen or experienced this issue and can suggest a solution. Recently I upgraded my monitor to an LG Ultra Gear, I still have my two older 1080p HP monitors hooked up for now also, to achieve a 3 monitor setup. Ever sense hooking this LG monitor up, I have been STUCK with Windows 11 night light issues.

My main issue is that when I wake the PC after an extended time of being away (morning, noon or night), it wakes with night light on. At which point I cant turn it off unless I restart my PC, if I try to turn it off in the Windows settings, the window just freezes then closes and nothing happens.

• Turning off the night light auto mode (Windows doesn't even save this change and just reverts it back)

• Updated GPU driver

• Updated Win

• Updated Display Driver

Nothing has been able to correct this issue, now is this a life or death issue, no of course not, but having to do a restart every time I want to use my PC since thats the only way to fix this, until the PC goes back into sleep mode again... man does it become quite annoying. Ultimately I would rather this headache just be off indefinitely at this point rather than having to keep doing this dance with my PC lol.

Sleep is badly broken in windows. You should see what it does to my rgb until i reboot. Try shutting windows down properly when you're by with it. Trust me it's a whole different experience. And all it costs is less than a minutes worth of loading.

18 minutes ago, NormanD said:

• Updated GPU driver

• Updated Win

• Updated Display Driver

if you have HDR on for windows and fullscreen mode.. set it to fullscreen only. 

Thanks everyone for the help! Turns out, it was HDR causing the problem. I tried turning off Auto HDR which didn't quite work, the ultimate solution was to just nuke it all together. That fixed it, so now I just have to remember to manually turn it back on whenever I wanna game. Just another one of the small prices that have to be paid, in order to be a PC gamer lol.