Wake on lan

N4671C

I have a asus rampage iv extreme and it does not have a wake on lan in bios, but i did notice wake by pcie device. I was wondering if i get a pcie network card can i wake on lan to boot pc. i have wake on lan enabled in windows and it works fine would just like to be able to boot pc via wake on lan. I would be open to bios modes sense i have duel bios. Don't know how to code tho or if it is even possible. 

A

3 minutes ago, N4671C said:

wake by pcie device. I was wondering if i get a pcie network card can i wake on lan to boot pc

Actually on some boards, Wake by PCIE is what you turn on to enable WOL. You may have a couple things you need to enable to make it work (such as disabling power saving things). I have a board that is this way, you enable wake by PCIE, and the onboard LAN then has WOL.

However, yes, this would also allow you to use a PCIE card as well, assuming it is correctly configured in the BIOS.

18 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

A

Actually on some boards, Wake by PCIE is what you turn on to enable WOL. You may have a couple things you need to enable to make it work (such as disabling power saving things). I have a board that is this way, you enable wake by PCIE, and the onboard LAN then has WOL.

However, yes, this would also allow you to use a PCIE card as well, assuming it is correctly configured in the BIOS.

thanks i will try this and ket you know if it works.

40 minutes ago, N4671C said:

thanks i will try this and ket you know if it works.

It works! thank you so much.