PC stuttering... Why!

Corey Clak
Go to solution Solved by An0maly_76,
2 minutes ago, Corey Clak said:

Sorry, those are my old specs. The new ones are below it

Revised original post. For future reference, old specs don't matter.

@Corey ClakYou might try disabling DOCP and see if the default frequency is more stable. But I would highly recommend searching the board manufacturer's RAM / CPU compatibility lists to be sure it supports your RAM and CPU combination. If the RAM is designed to run over 3200, that's already a potential issue with the 5600X.

Hey all!

Hope you are all having a brilliant day. So recently I upgraded from my old PC.

So whilst not the best it did what I needed it to since I built it... Until it no longer did.

So I upgraded to my new PC. All has been well. But I'm having a load of stuttering issues and random freezing on the desktop. Originally I thought it was Windows 11, but then I went back to 10 and still whilst not as bad. It's still annoying.

My new PC specs are :

**New Specs**

• RX 6700XT (Red Devil) 
  • Ryzen 5 5600X 
  • *32GB of DDR4 3733 (Correction Previously Said 4000!) 
  • ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F
  • 1Tb Samsung m.2
  • 500GB Samsung SSD
  • 6TB Western Digital HDD

So whilst it's not 4090, Ryzen 9. It's a decent enough gaming rig. Any ideas on why I may be having this issue? Could it just be Ryzen and Windows being annoying? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

(PS, Sorry for any grammar mistakes. Let the Dyslexic Be 😊)

PC SPECS -: RYZEN 5 5600x, PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB, 32GB DDR4 3733MhzNoctua NH-D15

As well as a Dyslexic left-handed Software Engineering Student!

Why mention left handed you may say, you should see how I hold a pen! 

Just now, Corey Clak said:

32GB of DDR4 4000

Considering since there is very little chance of you running 4000mhz rams through XMP on AM4 Ryzen CPUs, I would likely say your rams are clocked at DDR4 default of 2133.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

5 minutes ago, Levent said:

Considering since there is very little chance of you running 4000mhz rams through XMP on AM4 Ryzen CPUs, I would likely say your rams are clocked at DDR4 default of 2133.

Sorry, didn't realise i put 4000. The Actual frequency they are running at is 3733.

PC SPECS -: RYZEN 5 5600x, PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB, 32GB DDR4 3733MhzNoctua NH-D15

EDITED: Missed the new specs.

Ryzens and supporting boards are known to be fussy about RAM. QVL lists are kind of a big deal with these. Also, the 5600X only supports up to 3200 Mhz RAM.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

Could be a failing DIMM or motherboard. Is the 2600K overclocked?

2 minutes ago, Corey Clak said:

Revised original post. For future reference, old specs don't matter.

@Corey ClakYou might try disabling DOCP and see if the default frequency is more stable. But I would highly recommend searching the board manufacturer's RAM / CPU compatibility lists to be sure it supports your RAM and CPU combination. If the RAM is designed to run over 3200, that's already a potential issue with the 5600X.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!