iPhone Coolers and Cooling Cases

For those of you who have tried anything like this, what is your experience with cooling devices and cooling cases such as the Razer cooler and Arctech line? I know they don’t make the Archtech for the 12 Pro Max for some reason, but do for the 11 and 13 lines. Really odd. 

I’m trying to find suitable options for my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I don’t mind if the cooler/radiator doesn’t have MagSafe as long as it has a clamp that can still allow for it to be mounted. Ultimately, I’d like to find a cooler that can also be used with a cooling case, so long as the case is thin enough to actually be effective rather than just being cumbersome. I’m a massive Pokémon Go player, and it makes my iPhone extremely hot during heavy play sessions that last hours at a time, especially during the summer in direct sunlight that can’t really be avoided. The extremely dim screen and performance drops when the phone gets to that point make it essentially unplayable until I get back to my car, dock it on the mount in front of the vent, and blast the AC on it for 10 minutes. Then I would only be able to play for another 30ish minutes before I have to do it all over again. 

I know that a cooler would work better without a case, but just for device protection, even if it’s really thin, I’d like to find one that’s somewhat compatible. I’ve seen several videos on these things but they’re all reviewed without a case of any kind. I suppose a bumper case would work?

Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated! 

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2023 at 1:38 AM, TridentXan said:

For those of you who have tried anything like this, what is your experience with cooling devices and cooling cases such as the Razer cooler and Arctech line? I know they don’t make the Archtech for the 12 Pro Max for some reason, but do for the 11 and 13 lines. Really odd. 

I’m trying to find suitable options for my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I don’t mind if the cooler/radiator doesn’t have MagSafe as long as it has a clamp that can still allow for it to be mounted. Ultimately, I’d like to find a cooler that can also be used with a cooling case, so long as the case is thin enough to actually be effective rather than just being cumbersome. I’m a massive Pokémon Go player, and it makes my iPhone extremely hot during heavy play sessions that last hours at a time, especially during the summer in direct sunlight that can’t really be avoided. The extremely dim screen and performance drops when the phone gets to that point make it essentially unplayable until I get back to my car, dock it on the mount in front of the vent, and blast the AC on it for 10 minutes. Then I would only be able to play for another 30ish minutes before I have to do it all over again. 

I know that a cooler would work better without a case, but just for device protection, even if it’s really thin, I’d like to find one that’s somewhat compatible. I’ve seen several videos on these things but they’re all reviewed without a case of any kind. I suppose a bumper case would work?

Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated! 

Look for something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234625954290?chn=ps&var=534288228356&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=7101533165274578&mkcid=2&itemid=534288228356_234625954290&targetid=4584826055637461&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=412354546&mkgroupid=1299623041023876&rlsatarget=pla-4584826055637461&abcId=9300541&merchantid=87779&msclkid=b18050dfff021e6b36aa34cfbbdd5d1e 

or this OtterBox for Apple iPhone 13, Cooling and Antimicrobial Gaming Max Grip Case, Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)