Dual monitor or Ultra wide?

Gpizzle135

I've been using two monitors for a while now, main is 1440p and secondary is 1080. I just finished parting out my new build and started thinking about getting a new 1440p OLED display. So far I've only seen one 2560 x 1440 display by LG; the 27GR95QE-B which based on the one review I saw by The Display Guy, I feel like I should avoid it. Than I remembered about ultra-wides and now I'm wondering if I can get the same kind of dual screen functionality out of an ultra-wide.

PS: I'm gonna be running a 4080 on water, so not having enough power isn't really gonna be an issue

Edited by Gpizzle135

47 minutes ago, Gpizzle135 said:

I'm wondering if I can get the same kind of dual screen functionality out of an ultra-wide.

what functionality of dual screens do you need the single screen to do?

48 minutes ago, Gpizzle135 said:

I'm gonna be running a 4080 on water, so not having enough power isn't really gonna be an issue

typically most modern computers will be compatible with an ultr wides resolution regardless of gpu in use

4 hours ago, Gpizzle135 said:

I've been using two monitors for a while now, main is 1440p and secondary is 1080. I just finished parting out my new build and started thinking about getting a new 1440p OLED display. So far I've only seen one 2560 x 1440 display by LG; the 27GR95QE-B which based on the one review I saw by The Display Guy, I feel like I should avoid it. Than I remembered about ultra-wides and now I'm wondering if I can get the same kind of dual screen functionality out of an ultra-wide.

PS: I'm gonna be running a 4080 on water, so not having enough power isn't really gonna be an issue

Get the Alienware AW3423DW 

Im running rtx 2080super with this QD-OLED

Monitor and its been great.

Its a 34inch 1440x3440p UW

8 hours ago, emosun said:

what functionality of dual screens do you need the single screen to do?

typically most modern computers will be compatible with an ultr wides resolution regardless of gpu in use

Typically I got a YouTube video or some tool/information up on my second monitor while I got my game running on main. Which without some heavy Jerry rigging probably can't happen on a single monitor