need help with a solution

brucebruce19

So to give some quick background I have a split level house and my ps5 is on one end while my office is about 4/5 towards the other end and upstairs. I know a lot of people are probably thinking that I could just carry it from room to room when I want but my goal here is to avoid that and to just leave the console in my living room but switch hdmi outs and play on one of my several monitors in the office during down time at work or when I have my ferrets running around upstairs.

I ran an ethernet under my house from each of the rooms after finding out that you use an hdmi cat6 extender which works a hell of a lot better then I was expecting. The issue I am having is the wireless signal for the controller is super weak from that distance, I can walk some ways away and it starts to work perfectly. I connect earbuds to the controller which is a good indicator how good the signal is. I first tested this all before running the ethernet was ran under the house just to see proof of concept and it all worked without any issues. 

I recently tried this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073B84CY1?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1 but the usb will not pass all the way to the controller as it stil only connects wirelessly so at this point before I give up on the whole idea I am wondering if anyone has any ideas about what may be able to work in this scenario. 

FYI; it is roughly 150ft of ethernet that I already ran and then roughly an extra 20ft of cables on either side to make connections and keep some slack of the cables

“Zero latency” on anything is an indicator of BS.  “Low latency” or “no latency added from conversion” I might buy, but Distance is distance. That kvm seems to be usb2.0.  Does the ps5 require 3.0?  You’ve got cat6 ethernet between yourself and the PS5.  Are there any switches or other connections on that ethernet besides the two endpoints?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

My apologizes for a late response to this as I did not know anyone had responded. Either way I am unsure of the requirements of the ps5 controller but that is a good point. 

There is nothing else between the 2 endpoints as well. My goal was just trying to avoid using sonys remote play since I have had nothing but bad experience with it despite everything being hardwired.