Video Editing PC with Some Light Gaming - Feedback is Appreciated

Xaida

Budget (including currency): £ 2500 - £2750

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Video Editing 4K, Light Gaming (League of Legends)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Already have the PSU

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/GFvYKp

Any thoughts is appreciated, and any guidance on is it worth getting a Z790 motherboard?

Looks good, from what I can tell. (Which isn't all that much, I must admit.)

From what I recall when investigating specs for my own system, it's generally recommended to have 64 GB ram if you want to do 4K video editting. 32GB would generally be OK for 1080p projects, but would come up short above that. (source, trustworthiness unknown) 

Z790 has more higher generation lanes near the CPU, at the cost of fewer lower generation ones, (so not more lanes in general,) and improved DDR5 handling. I seem to recall them being called too expensive for such a minor improvement, but wasn't particularly focused on price myself. If you think it's worth it, probably look into making sure what kind of RAM die you get, so that you can at least optimally make use of the improved chipset.

25 minutes ago, Ohma said:

Looks good, from what I can tell. (Which isn't all that much, I must admit.)

From what I recall when investigating specs for my own system, it's generally recommended to have 64 GB ram if you want to do 4K video editting. 32GB would generally be OK for 1080p projects, but would come up short above that. (source, trustworthiness unknown) 

Z790 has more higher generation lanes near the CPU, at the cost of fewer lower generation ones, (so not more lanes in general,) and improved DDR5 handling. I seem to recall them being called too expensive for such a minor improvement, but wasn't particularly focused on price myself. If you think it's worth it, probably look into making sure what kind of RAM die you get, so that you can at least optimally make use of the improved chipset.

Thanks for this I appreciate it. I'm thinking of 32gb for now and then upgrading to 64 in the future (4 x 16gb). 

Any suggestions on the Z790 which model?

No worries.

And that upgrade shouldn't pose a problem, as far as I understand it.

What I absolutely do not understand are motherboards, and how to make sure one meets your needs and that it's not just one with extraneous bells and whistles.

Hopefully someone else can help you there.

9 minutes ago, Ohma said:

No worries.

And that upgrade shouldn't pose a problem, as far as I understand it.

What I absolutely do not understand are motherboards, and how to make sure one meets your needs and that it's not just one with extraneous bells and whistles.

Hopefully someone else can help you there.

No worries thank you! 

If anyone has feedback mainly around Upgrading to 4 sticks of Ram later and what Z790 motherboard, or any general feedback that would be greatly appreciated.