Need help picking a PSU

Tulersian

Budget (including currency): under $250

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: various degrees of gaming and some streaming on the side 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Im just lacking a PSU at this stage and I just want to make sure I can get what is needed without frying anything. While having room to grow a bit. 

The parts I have so far are as follows. 

Mobo: MSI Tomahawk X570S

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x

GPU: Radeon RX 6900 XT speedster series (pretty sure it has a boosted clock rate?), XFX Merc 319 black edition. 

Cpu cooler: Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO with its three fans. 

Case fans: 7X Lian Li Sl120 UNI 120mm fans. I'll be using the included controller. 

Storage: single 1TB M.2, I plan on getting a second and maybe getting an SSD to cram into the back of the case. 

Ram: 32G DDR4 corsair vengeance. (2X16) 

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything else that would draw power. Any and all help would be appreciated as this is my first build, frying components is something that I would like to avoid but im not sure how. just want to be safe with the PSU and ask people with some experience. 

Any decent 850w is fine for that. Like, as long as it's a decent PSU you're 

3 minutes ago, deadlou666 said:

An 850watt seasonic/Corsair psu will work great, such as an rm850x

This is the basic answer you're looking for OP. 

I mean honestly ANY 850w even from lesser known but still decent brands (nothing Chinese knockoff level) would probably be fine but some people (especially around here) really care about PSU quality to avoid potential issues. You'd be surprised what garbage you can actually run and get away with, even though it's not reccomended. 

12 minutes ago, toasty99 said:

Any decent 850w is fine for that. Like, as long as it's a decent PSU you're 

This is the basic answer you're looking for OP. 

I mean honestly ANY 850w even from lesser known but still decent brands (nothing Chinese knockoff level) would probably be fine but some people (especially around here) really care about PSU quality to avoid potential issues. You'd be surprised what garbage you can actually run and get away with, even though it's not reccomended. 

Thanks, I hear bits about utilization, like only utilize 70 or 80 percent of its maximum rating. Would I have to worry about anything like that with an 850? And I want something modular but I hear their cables can fry hardware, that's mostly why I'm concerned. 

The build I'm upgrading from has an 850W PSU in it but it runs wayyy lower for consumption. Any reason it would have the 850? 

5 minutes ago, Tulersian said:

Thanks, I hear bits about utilization, like only utilize 70 or 80 percent of its maximum rating. Would I have to worry about anything like that with an 850? And I want something modular but I hear their cables can fry hardware, that's mostly why I'm concerned. 

The build I'm upgrading from has an 850W PSU in it but it runs wayyy lower for consumption. Any reason it would have the 850? 

If you don't plug the cables in the wrong slots no it can't fry anything. And no an 850watt psu gold/bronze/platinum whatever will be fine