Trying to optimise my gaming PC build.

Hi everyone, I would like to know any advice that you guys have on building my first PC, as I am not completely sure on the compatibility, and would like to know if there are any optimisations I can make.

Budget (in Pounds/£): £850, As I have already bought my GPU

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: No specific games that I can list, as I play a lot of different ones.

Other details: I want to play at 240fps 1080p. I wouldn't like to change the CPU, and I have already bought my GPU, so those parts aren't very likely to change.

GPU: Nvidia 3070 founders edition. No ti because ti is a scam.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x 12 core 24 thread processor.

Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PRO WIFI II

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz CL16

Storage: Samsung EVO Plus 970 1tb NVME M.2 SSD

Case (comes with fans): Sahara P35 Black ATX tempered glass Mid-Tower (with Pirate turbo ARGB fans)

CPU Cooler: AMD AM4 Wraith stealth cooler with Ryzen socket.

PSU: I am not sure whether to get the NovaTech 500watt ATX because It's £20 (which is really cheap, and fit's in my budget perfectly) but it's unrated and I'm not sure whether I can trust it. If you can't find it the problem could be that it's made by the company from the website I'm buying it from, so it's probably exclusive to the site: www.novatech.co.uk

P.S I checked the rules of the forum, and no I will not need any recommendations on monitors and peripherals, just saving you your time 🙂

How is ti a scam?? And a 5900x is waaaaaay too much for a 3070 and even if you did get that your not gonna cool it with a stock cooler, and also don't get the 20 quid psu, you won't be able to use it with that cpu and 3070, i recommend a Corsair rm850x as their reliable and enough wattage for your build 

2 minutes ago, deadlou666 said:

How is ti a scam?? And a 5900x is waaaaaay too much for a 3070 and even if you did get that your not gonna cool it with a stock cooler, and also don't get the 20 quid psu, you won't be able to use it with that cpu and 3070, i recommend a Corsair rm850x as their reliable and enough wattage for your build 

Could you elaborate on the stock cooler part? I'm not exactly sure on what you mean. Edit: I checked on a part picker and the whole build is only around 480watts.

Edited by Erik.G

4 minutes ago, Erik.G said:

Could you elaborate on the stock cooler part? I'm not exactly sure on what you mean.

Ah sorry for not being clear enough. A stock cooler is a cpu cooler that comes in the box with the cpu, theyre usually used with low power cpus like a 5500 and are rated for 65 watts, your 5900x is rated for 105 watts but can easily go upwards of that. So it would not be sufficient cooling as they can reach upwards of 60*C on an aio nevermind a small 66watt air cooler

2 minutes ago, deadlou666 said:

Ah sorry for not being clear enough. A stock cooler is a cpu cooler that comes in the box with the cpu, theyre usually used with low power cpus like a 5500 and are rated for 65 watts, your 5900x is rated for 105 watts but can easily go upwards of that. So it would not be sufficient cooling as they can reach upwards of 60*C on an aio nevermind a small 66watt air cooler

Ok thank you for the advice, as it is much appreciated. I will go look for a better cpu cooler and consider your PSU suggestion.

7 minutes ago, Erik.G said:

Ok thank you for the advice, as it is much appreciated. I will go look for a better cpu cooler and consider your PSU suggestion.

A Corsair h100i is a good option. And if you get that 500watt psu your pc will most Lilley just turn off under any gaming load

Overall it's a fine build. With the exception of the PSU. Please don't go cheap on the PSU. Troubleshooting them REALLY sucks, they can kill components, they are VITAL to a properly working PC but most often overlooked because they're not glamorous. BUT the PSU is the foundation that you build the rest of the PC off of, if it fails the rest of the PC crumbles. 

IMO: Gold rated, Name brand, 750watt PSU
Corsair, EVGA, Silverstone are all decent brands.

Checkout the PSU tier list on the LTT forums: