I need help

mk7613
Go to solution Solved by Middcore,

The MSI board and AMD CPU are slower than the Asus board/3570k combo. You already have the "optimum" combo of your parts you own in the Asus/Intel build.

Faster CPU's for both of these motherboard platforms exist but it would be a waste to spend any money on them at this point. This stuff is a decade old and the AMD stuff wasn't even good when it was released. 

The reality is to play any current or upcoming AAA games you need to build a whole new system. 

Budget (including currency): cheap

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: fell seal, valheim, mtg..hoping to play new starfield when it comes out. Writing, word editing, microsoft office, and common web browsing. 

Other details my current parts from two pcs

Msi 970 gaming ms-7693

Amd fx 6300 6core 3.5ghz

8gb dram 1333mhz

Nvidia GeForce gtx 760

Asus p8z-vpro 

Intel core i5-3570k 3.4ghz

16gb ddr3 1600mhz

Nvidia GeForce gtx 1060 6gb

If I put the 1060 on the msi board(amd cpu) with the slightly faster ram...would that set up be at least slightly better than either of the current two configurations?

Are either of the motherboards worth keeping in hopes of upgrading gpu and cpu later?

Would I be correct in thinking that if I want upgrade either the cpu or gpu, I would most likely also have to upgrade the mother board?

Can I upgrade the gpu and get better performance while keeping the rest of the hardware?

I am pretty sure just upgrading cpu only would not help and probably not work in any meaniful way but I would appreciate thoughts.

I did not include things like power supplies, cases, monitors. 

If one of the two power supplies I have is not sufficient, that's a much easier fix. Also I have a few cases, I'm sure one wil work and there is at least one decent monitor here. Also I do have two small ssd drives. I will definitely get a bigger one.

The MSI board and AMD CPU are slower than the Asus board/3570k combo. You already have the "optimum" combo of your parts you own in the Asus/Intel build.

Faster CPU's for both of these motherboard platforms exist but it would be a waste to spend any money on them at this point. This stuff is a decade old and the AMD stuff wasn't even good when it was released. 

The reality is to play any current or upcoming AAA games you need to build a whole new system. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16