Having two windows 10 in one PC

AndresFK
Go to solution Solved by zipspence,

So the core of your issue is where the data is saved if I am reading this correctly. First thing to consider, is how you have your data saved. Nowadays with microsoft, as long as you ensure you are logged in and have one drive active, you can upload most things to the cloud. If you want to make sure that everything from the HDD is migrated to the SSD it would have been easier to just clone it then wipe the HDD after getting everything to the SSD but that is more work being that you already went through the effort of creating two OS installs. If you are logged into your microsoft account on the HDD make sure you are logged into the same Account on the SSD so the data can naturally pull in from the cloud. it will also mimic your settings from one OS to the other. once you are happy that most everything is from the HDD to the SSD I would simply suggest wiping the HDD so you can maximize your usable space. But as the other guys mentioned, you will need to get into the bios and ensure your boot order is correct for when you go to using the SSD at the boot drive. 

I have a old prebuild gaming PC and wonder if I can switch from my SSD windows 10 (new) to my old HHD windows 10 that have all my old data, files, and program? At moment I'm using the HHD as a storage. also, it's possible if I unplug the sata cable from my SSD and restart my with the HHD will that work ? 

Here my spec: 

WIndows 10 home (HHD) 

WIndows 10 home edition 32/64bit (SSD) 

Intel i5 6400k

AsRock h110m-ds/Hyper

8GB Ram G.skill

1TB WB 10ezex 

512GB Sandisk Ultra 3D SSD 

PSU 400w ATX from Soly Tech 

Always works for me! You don't even need to unplug the sata cable, you can just go into bios (Google the right key for your motherboard) and select which hard drive to boot off of.

Why not use the SSD which is faster? Sure you can set boot order and boot off the drive you want.

So the core of your issue is where the data is saved if I am reading this correctly. First thing to consider, is how you have your data saved. Nowadays with microsoft, as long as you ensure you are logged in and have one drive active, you can upload most things to the cloud. If you want to make sure that everything from the HDD is migrated to the SSD it would have been easier to just clone it then wipe the HDD after getting everything to the SSD but that is more work being that you already went through the effort of creating two OS installs. If you are logged into your microsoft account on the HDD make sure you are logged into the same Account on the SSD so the data can naturally pull in from the cloud. it will also mimic your settings from one OS to the other. once you are happy that most everything is from the HDD to the SSD I would simply suggest wiping the HDD so you can maximize your usable space. But as the other guys mentioned, you will need to get into the bios and ensure your boot order is correct for when you go to using the SSD at the boot drive. 

Did you turn it off and back on again?

Agree with zipspence that this sounds more like an issue of getting to your data versus actually wanting to boot to one drive sometimes and the other drive sometimes. If that's the case, just access the old HDD and pull the data off.

12 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

Why not use the SSD which is faster? Sure you can set boot order and boot off the drive you want.

Because the SSD is new and don't have all the programs/file I use and is too much of a headache for me to do reinstall the programs over again in the SSD 

9 hours ago, AndresFK said:

Because the SSD is new and don't have all the programs/file I use and is too much of a headache for me to do reinstall the programs over again in the SSD 

Maybe you can clone evertyhing over.