GPD Win 4

Neroon

Just saw 2 videos of the Win 4 in action, and it looks very promising. Much smaller than the Steamdeck, more powerful and the keyboard seems to much improved. I liked the Win 3, but it wasn't there yet for me, but the Win 4 looks amazing so far. Definitely looking forward to Linus' take on it. 

I hope they will make a full ltt video on it, not just a short-circuit. But since it's a crowd funded in progress product, I don't know if they will talk about it just yet. Tho GPD is trustworthy enough. 

6 hours ago, Natsukashii said:

I hope they will make a full ltt video on it, not just a short-circuit. But since it's a crowd funded in progress product, I don't know if they will talk about it just yet. Tho GPD is trustworthy enough. 

I would like that as well. I mean they did a lot of the GPD videos on the main channel, and this one is like next level, this form factor, the battery life and performance, that's just amazing all around. I expect @LinusTechto absolutely love this device, especially since the feedback on it so far has been amazing.

The absolutely only downside I've heard, is that the sticks aren't as good as people would like them to be, but I heard that hall effect ones can be used, just not sure if they will ship them with the final units, or if you need to replace them.

I think this handheld is the first one that absolutely does everything right. Sure handhelds in the past were impressive, and we will see better hardware down the road.

But between how compact it is, how good the speakers are, how well the dpad works, screen quality etc etc. And at that price, they absolutely give Valve a run for their money.

My biggest issue is with GPD itself, they have rocky support to say the least. It's slow and not very satisfactory. I need to read more up on it, because from reading it a bit, it seems they are stepping up a bit, guessing the added pressure from Aya (who seemingly does give proper support) and Valve, they know they need to step up. You can make the best devices around, but if you don't give proper support, such a tiny device with so much hardware in it, becomes a very risky buy, because things can absolutely go wrong.

If this had been Aya's, I would have already ordered it.