GPU Upgrade

16bit
Go to solution Solved by Lairlair,

All the GPUs you listed will get you what you want and more. I agree that a 3060(ti) would get you the most performance, but I wouldn't stretch the budget for it though, because a 1660 super/1070 would be enough for your needs. Most Adobe software are not heavily relying on the GPU, so think of it more as a bonus. In premiere for instance, your GPU will help rendering some effects, and help encoding some codecs. In after effects it's practically the same. Depending on how you use the softwares exactly, you may not even see a difference at all between having no GPU and having an RTX 4090. Your CPU will do most of the heavy lifting in these apps, so in my opinion you'll see a much more significant uplift if you take a cheaper GPU and upgrade your CPU to whatever your motherboard can drive, which seems to be a Ryzen 7 2700X. Maybe look at some tests and benchmarks to see if it's worth it.

Hello! I'm looking for a GPU upgrade since my current graphics card is in need of retirement. I'm gonna be using this build for productivity (heavy 1080p video editing and graphic design all in Adobe Suite), gaming and streaming. In terms of gaming  I'll be mostly playing co-op survival games (Minecraft, The Forest, Valheim, Terraria), competitive MOBA games, and a little bit of open world and soulslike games. I'd like to be able to run those at 1080p60 in medium/high settings.

I'm looking for used GPUs so I'll be listing the average prices for some cards I've found in Facebook Marketplace, all in US dollars:

GTX 1070 ~$135
GTX 1080 ~$190-$250
GTX 1660 ~$145-$160
RTX 2060 ~$180-$195
RTX 2070 ~$225
RTX 3060 ~$225-250
RTX 3060ti ~$290-320

Budget: 200 USD

I can stretch my budget by 50-80 bucks only if there's a considerable difference and it's really worth it.

My current build:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8YYsrD

34 minutes ago, 16bit said:

Hello! I'm looking for a GPU upgrade since my current graphics card is in need of retirement. I'm gonna be using this build for productivity (heavy 1080p video editing and graphic design all in Adobe Suite), gaming and streaming. In terms of gaming  I'll be mostly playing co-op survival games (Minecraft, The Forest, Valheim, Terraria), competitive MOBA games, and a little bit of open world and soulslike games. I'd like to be able to run those at 1080p60 in medium/high settings.

I'm looking for used GPUs so I'll be listing the average prices for some cards I've found in Facebook Marketplace, all in US dollars:

GTX 1070 ~$135
GTX 1080 ~$190-$250
GTX 1660 ~$145-$160
RTX 2060 ~$180-$195
RTX 2070 ~$225
RTX 3060 ~$225-250
RTX 3060ti ~$290-320

Budget: 200 USD

I can stretch my budget by 50-80 bucks only if there's a considerable difference and it's really worth it.

My current build:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8YYsrD

If you're sticking with nvidia then 3060 (maybe 3060ti if you can stretch it further)

All the GPUs you listed will get you what you want and more. I agree that a 3060(ti) would get you the most performance, but I wouldn't stretch the budget for it though, because a 1660 super/1070 would be enough for your needs. Most Adobe software are not heavily relying on the GPU, so think of it more as a bonus. In premiere for instance, your GPU will help rendering some effects, and help encoding some codecs. In after effects it's practically the same. Depending on how you use the softwares exactly, you may not even see a difference at all between having no GPU and having an RTX 4090. Your CPU will do most of the heavy lifting in these apps, so in my opinion you'll see a much more significant uplift if you take a cheaper GPU and upgrade your CPU to whatever your motherboard can drive, which seems to be a Ryzen 7 2700X. Maybe look at some tests and benchmarks to see if it's worth it.

8 hours ago, Lairlair said:

That was really helpful! I found a really good deal (210 USD for a Palit 3060ti) so I think I'll go for that and spend that 70 dollar "stretch" of my budget in a good CPU.