My ram is compatible with AM5? (corsair vengeance 2x16 DDR5 5600mhz 32gb total.)

Nicolas Bossus

Hi i ask this because the mother im gonna use is the Asus tuf x670E plus wifi.

and my ram code is:

CMK32GX5M2B5600C36

i just bought it and in the memory list it isnt the exact same code, but other vengeance with 2x16 5600mhz (32gbtotal) are listed.

what do you think ? it will work just fine with xmp enabled at 5600mhz on AM5?

I wouldn't bet money on it working with XMP, but I've never had any problems with either DDR3 or DDR4 that was not listed as compatible on the QVL. My current setup has been going strong for quite a while now and the ram isn't listed as compatible for any CPU gen on my board.

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

AM5 uses EXPO for memory overclocking. Given relative newness of  both DDR5 and AM5, I would hesitate using memory that was not explicitly qualified for the motherboard.

CMK32GX5M2B5600C36 is optimized for Intel. It is not on the motherboard's memory QVL. It may work, but you may have to manually set the timings.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

4 minutes ago, brob said:

AM5 uses EXPO for memory overclocking. Given relative newness of  both DDR5 and AM5, I would hesitate using memory that was not explicitly qualified for the motherboard.

CMK32GX5M2B5600C36 is optimized for Intel. It is not on the motherboard's memory QVL. It may work, but you may have to manually set the timings.

that is the worst case scenario right? if i learn how to set the timings or frecuency right i still can use the ram at the rated mhz ?

other fact is some of thje listed dominator platinum of the x670e tuf wifi says intel xmp and yet its listed as compatible in the memory QLV, so maybe its a chance that i will not have that much of a risk of getting trouble with the timings or mhz.

The memory will work. It may not work at advertised speed and timings. You may have to manually set timings to achieve those.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Without EXPO support on the memory it's tough to say what it will be capable of. That specific memory is very likely using Samsung memory dies, which at the current moment are considered of lower performance than the possibly currently best option for AMD which is SK Hynix M die memory.

Here 

is a long, rambly, but incredibly informative video from Actually Hardcore Overclocking talking about the current state of the DDR5 Memory market. He discusses the benefits and drawbacks of memory from the various manufacturers, How to spot most reliably which brand of memory chips are most likely present on any given memory module. Highly recommended before you buy.

4 hours ago, Maxxtraxx said:

Without EXPO support on the memory it's tough to say what it will be capable of. That specific memory is very likely using Samsung memory dies, which at the current moment are considered of lower performance than the possibly currently best option for AMD which is SK Hynix M die memory.

Here 

is a long, rambly, but incredibly informative video from Actually Hardcore Overclocking talking about the current state of the DDR5 Memory market. He discusses the benefits and drawbacks of memory from the various manufacturers, How to spot most reliably which brand of memory chips are most likely present on any given memory module. Highly recommended before you buy.

the thing is, i forgont to mention that i got these ram ( the corsair vengeance with intel xmp and the code i wrote in my question) in my country (Argentina) ddr5 is very low on stock.

if for some countrys ddr5 is still expensive, here is very very expensive and really low on stock, the only ddr5 am5 expo certified are g.skill brand, but they are really unworthy expensive, more expensive than a 3070 in some cases.

Besides, i got these rams for a very good price, and it was the only kit available, the other pc stores that sells these kits or similar cost way more.

the mother i bought, the X670E TUF WIFI plus, it will come to my home between tomorrow or the next days in the week.

i still got to buy the cpu ( maybe a r7 7700x or even wait for a posible ryzen 9000 series or wathever the name will be for the next AM5 desktop cpus)

5 hours ago, brob said:

the CMK32GX5M2B5600C36 is supported in the memory QLV of the Asus rog strix X670E gaming F being XMP only. The only concern is that this module number is not in the QLV of the Asus TUF X670E plus wifi. 

Even i just noticed that the B650 tuf gaming wifi supports this module (CMK32GX5M2B5600C36) on the QLV.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, in the end im using my corsair vengeance rams (CMK32GX5M2B5600C36) at adverticed speeds (D.O.C.P in my bios). and literally ZERO problems, all is working fine almost out of the box, ( i did a bios flashback update to the last version of my x670E Tuf wifi, because of better sistem stability and RAM compatibility)

so, Zero problems even with this ram rated to use XMP profile and not EXPO.