VGA & BOOT LED NO POST

CPT_BEEMO

Building a new system for a family member for Christmas.

Specs:

Ryzen 5 5600G (Purchased OTC from Memory Express)

Asus Dual RX6600 (Received today from Newegg via Purolator)

ASrock B550M Pro 4 (Ryzen 5000 ready stamped on the box, Received on Friday 12/03 from Newegg via Purolator)

16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600mhz CMK16GX4M2D3600C18 (Purchased via Amazon)

SN750 500GB boot drive (Purchased via Amazon)

Cooler Master 650w PSU Gold+ Bronze

Performed pre-build test to ensure system posts before putting into a case, NO POST. All PSU plugs are seated Initial tests were with CPU, both sticks of memory in A2 and B2 and dedicated GPU all plugged in, LED boot debug indicates BOOT and VGA on. No POST, black screen. Fans spin on CPU cooler and on GPU.

1. Swapped DRAM to only one stick in furthest left slot - NO CHANGE

2. Removed GPU and installed Display-port cable directly to motherboard for use of iGPU, NO CHANGE

2. Googled, found someone saying no SSD or NVME was causing no POST, installed NVME, NO CHANGE

3. Referred to manual to clear CMOS, NO CHANGE

4. Moved GPU to secondary PCI slot, NO CHANGE

4. Swapped my personal R7 3800X into the CPU socket, NO CHANGE

5. Swapped my personal RX5700XT into the 1st PCI slot, NO CHANGE

5. Swapped my personal G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-16GTZRX (Trident Z 3200mhz 8GBx2) into slot A1, NO CHANGE

6. Installed the RX6600 to rule out DOA into my personal system, PASS WITH SUCCESSFUL POST.

7. Installed the R5 5600G onto my personal system to rule out DOA, PASS WITH SUCCESSFUL POST.

8. Installed the Corsair Vengeance LPX memory (1 stick at a time) into slot A1 on my personal system to rule out DOA, PASS WITH SUCCESSFUL POST.

9. Reinstalled and rebuilt all personal hardware back into my personal system, personal system POSTs with no problem. (I am using it now to create this thread.)

10. Installed all new hardware back onto new motherboard, NO POST. VGA and BOOT debug LED's illuminated.

Only thing I can rule out potentially is a bad Mobo. I am opening a ticket with Asrock, and posting here for provisional advise or tips.

Thank you.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200C16 PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD, 1TB Seagate Firecuda SSHD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB Monitor: HP Omen 25 144hz 

Who told you 650W is good for a modern gaming system ?

You need 750W-850W if you want to be good.

But that's not even the point, I do confirm with all the 10 tests it's a DOA motherboard.

5 hours ago, Cyberat said:

Who told you 650W is good for a modern gaming system ?

You need 750W-850W if you want to be good.

But that's not even the point, I do confirm with all the 10 tests it's a DOA motherboard.

Not sure if trolling, 650w is plenty for this rig.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200C16 PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD, 1TB Seagate Firecuda SSHD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB Monitor: HP Omen 25 144hz 

Keep telling people that and you'll be a troll for eternity. I am not here to call you names.

A 650W PSU for a gaming rig is a 2010 notion with 0 base in reality.

Next gen. hardware is going to push for even more peak W/hr..