Constant black screens since upgrading to Vega 56 while gaming

My brother was recently putting his computer away and allowed me to take his Vega 56. It's a Sapphire Pulse model. I swapped it with my 1060 3G, uninstalled the old drivers using DDU, and tried playing some games. The first weird thing was that the FPS I was getting didn't seem to be any higher than on my old card, and the games would sometimes stutter terribly, especially upon entering a new location. Then, after playing for about 10 minutes, the screen goes black, forcing me to reboot the PC.

I've tried to look for a solution. Some people seem to have similar issues, but with some differences. First, most of them had Gigabyte cards, which apparently had some sort of widespread manufacturing defect, and had reported having their system crash completely and the fans on the graphics card ramp up to 100%. Mine keeps the fans running at the same speed, and the system appears to be still running since I can hear some of the game's sound effects even with the screen black.

I have tried multiple things people in those threads suggested, for example, uninstalling the drivers and instead using those auto-installed by Windows, increasing the power limit, running two separate power cables, or lowering the GPU clock speed, with no success. I also thought about reinstalling Windows, but my brother says he's also had these issues, only his PC wouldn't crash as quickly or as frequently, so that's probably not what's causing the problem. 

Here are my system's specs:
ROG Strix B350-F Gaming
Ryzen 5 1600
Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56 Pulse
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2x8 GB 2400 MHz
Seasonic M12II EVO 620
512 GB NVMe SSD, 2TB HDD

For now, I have swapped the card for my old 1060, but I'd be very happy if I could use the newer one, especially since the 1060's 3 GB VRAM is rather limiting in modern games. Any ideas? 

12 minutes ago, Methanol Ethanolovicz said:

My brother was recently putting his computer away and allowed me to take his Vega 56. It's a Sapphire Pulse model. I swapped it with my 1060 3G, uninstalled the old drivers using DDU, and tried playing some games. The first weird thing was that the FPS I was getting didn't seem to be any higher than on my old card, and the games would sometimes stutter terribly, especially upon entering a new location. Then, after playing for about 10 minutes, the screen goes black, forcing me to reboot the PC.

I've tried to look for a solution. Some people seem to have similar issues, but with some differences. First, most of them had Gigabyte cards, which apparently had some sort of widespread manufacturing defect, and had reported having their system crash completely and the fans on the graphics card ramp up to 100%. Mine keeps the fans running at the same speed, and the system appears to be still running since I can hear some of the game's sound effects even with the screen black.

I have tried multiple things people in those threads suggested, for example, uninstalling the drivers and instead using those auto-installed by Windows, increasing the power limit, running two separate power cables, or lowering the GPU clock speed, with no success. I also thought about reinstalling Windows, but my brother says he's also had these issues, only his PC wouldn't crash as quickly or as frequently, so that's probably not what's causing the problem. 

Here are my system's specs:
ROG Strix B350-F Gaming
Ryzen 5 1600
Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56 Pulse
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2x8 GB 2400 MHz
Seasonic M12II EVO 620
512 GB NVMe SSD, 2TB HDD

For now, I have swapped the card for my old 1060, but I'd be very happy if I could use the newer one, especially since the 1060's 3 GB VRAM is rather limiting in modern games. Any ideas? 

i think you have a cpu bottleneck.

take a look at the utilisation of your cpu and gpu while gaming.