Internet Connection Sharing Issue

ITitanDan

Hi,

I recently got gigabit internet and i need to wait a couple weeks for my switch to arrive. Saying this I have been trying as a temporary measure to use Windows ICS to share the connection to the rest of my devices. However, whenever i reboot the system the connection is still setup and the services are running but the internet is not being sent through to my router. Only way to fix it is to turn off the internet sharing and turn it back on in the control panel. Any suggestions on why this is the case. All ip address, subnet etc stays the same.

6 minutes ago, ITitanDan said:

Hi,

I recently got gigabit internet and i need to wait a couple weeks for my switch to arrive. Saying this I have been trying as a temporary measure to use Windows ICS to share the connection to the rest of my devices. However, whenever i reboot the system the connection is still setup and the services are running but the internet is not being sent through to my router. Only way to fix it is to turn off the internet sharing and turn it back on in the control panel. Any suggestions on why this is the case. All ip address, subnet etc stays the same.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/networking/ics-not-work-after-computer-or-service-restart

That helped when I was using ICS. Had the same problem as you.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.