High pitched noise coming from AIO pump / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix

xMik3x

Greetings, I recently upgraded my setup after 8 years of using my old PC, everything is fine however, I noticed today, after a few days running the system, that the pump is making a loud high pitch noise, I was wondering if this is something I should be worried about however.

Here's how I found out:

1) I know it's the pump because it comes from the CPU socket area, and while I know defective fans can generate noise or GPUs can create coil whine, which my GPU does but only while gaming or rendering, the GPU coil whine is very distinctive, is more low pitch buzzing in my case.

2) This one is high pitched for some reason, but the biggest clue was going inside iCUE and change the pump speeds, I had it set to Extreme since that's what I used in my previous AIO (H100i GTX 240mm) and had no problems at all. Changing the speed to balanced or quiet completely removed the noise from the system.

Now like I said before, I'm wondering if this is something I should pay attention to, or is it normal? Also is it caused by bubbles in the system? The sound doesn't really seem like bubbles to me, sounds electronic instead.

If need be I may be able to record the sound myself for further ideas, any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

On 11/18/2022 at 3:27 PM, xMik3x said:

Greetings, I recently upgraded my setup after 8 years of using my old PC, everything is fine however, I noticed today, after a few days running the system, that the pump is making a loud high pitch noise, I was wondering if this is something I should be worried about however.

Here's how I found out:

1) I know it's the pump because it comes from the CPU socket area, and while I know defective fans can generate noise or GPUs can create coil whine, which my GPU does but only while gaming or rendering, the GPU coil whine is very distinctive, is more low pitch buzzing in my case.

2) This one is high pitched for some reason, but the biggest clue was going inside iCUE and change the pump speeds, I had it set to Extreme since that's what I used in my previous AIO (H100i GTX 240mm) and had no problems at all. Changing the speed to balanced or quiet completely removed the noise from the system.

Now like I said before, I'm wondering if this is something I should pay attention to, or is it normal? Also is it caused by bubbles in the system? The sound doesn't really seem like bubbles to me, sounds electronic instead.

If need be I may be able to record the sound myself for further ideas, any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Return and get a better AIO

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface