How to find decent budget case?

JuztBe

Hello. There is plenty of cases for few euros. But how do you choose best one? Sellers only provide couple pictures. Most of the times there aren't even inside pic.
1. How do you know if ventilation is good from pictures.
2. Is it all about fan count?
3. PSU should be at top or bottom?
4. Does width matters for ATX case? Or you can simply put any cooler in any ATX case?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

What is your budget and where are you shopping from? The best way to find a good case is to ask us here on the forum!

Also, what size do you need? mATX? ATX? Full Tower?

1. You don't.

2. No.

3. Preference.

Read reviews/research.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Read reviews, but easiest way is to tell us budget, location, shop etc...

Ventilation is usually just based on practical design. Heat rises; Depending what you need, more intake vs exhaust or more exhaust vs intake fans. Also how clear are the pathways for air. HDD cages usually can stuff airflow, but well designed cages will still allow a decent amount. Ventilation is more in regards to how well can it exhaust air.

Fan count isn't everything. Some people only run 2 - 3 fans and only use exhaust. That's not counting GPU and CPU fans. I run 4 fans. Two 120 Noctuas for my H100i, another Noctua for my rear exhaust, and a small 90mm for my drive HDD cage. I completely removed my cages. I highly doubt I get better case temps than the average user.

PSU, generally, should be at the bottom so it stays away from all the components since it can also generate some heat when under load. Top mounted PSUs in cases also usually exhaust all the hot air from the case but at a much slower rate, as well as pushing a lot of heat into the PSU itself. So all in all bottom, IMO, is better.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

There isn't many reviews for low budged cases. My budged is about 45$. Mid tower. I'm planning ahead for future setup, still gathering money :P
http://www.skytech.lt/korpusai-priedai-korpusai-c-86_85_274_510.html?f=s(),g(),p(1028),k(1.49,1202.00)&frag=&fragd=0&pav=0&sort=5a&sand=0%20sf-with-ul&grp=0%20sf-with-ul&pagesize=100&page=1 ] .If you even care and got time:  this is where I'm buying from (Lithuania) . 45$ = 115Lt . 

There isn't many reviews for low budged cases. My budged is about 45$. Mid tower. I'm planning ahead for future setup, still gathering money :P

http://www.skytech.lt/korpusai-priedai-korpusai-c-86_85_274_510.html?f=s(),g(),p(1028),k(1.49,1202.00)&frag=&fragd=0&pav=0&sort=5a&sand=0%20sf-with-ul&grp=0%20sf-with-ul&pagesize=100&page=1 ] .If you even care and got time:  this is where I'm buying from (Lithuania) . 45$ = 115Lt . 

Get the Cooler Master N400 ~ solid ATX/ mATX case for that price ~ :)

Get the Cooler Master N400 ~ solid ATX/ mATX case for that price ~ :)

little bit out of my budged. 

little bit out of my budged. 

You can go for the smaller brother N300. Although it does not have as many options to install radiators, its a good case if you are not going to fill it with SLI/ Crossfire.

4. Yes, it matters. Different cases have different clearances for different coolers. 

It would help to list what you plan to put in the case.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm thinking about cooler master EVO 212. For example. In case I'm using now i can put Syche katana III. But it's very near case side, almost touches it. Is it fine?

Cheapest case I would buy on the current market is the BitFenix Comrade, and drill some extra holes for airflow in the sides of the front panel. Though unless your components are beastly, you won't have to. The Fractal Design core series is popular, but gets very dusty over time, and the HDD mounting leaves a lot to be desired.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I'm thinking about cooler master EVO 212. For example. In case I'm using now i can put Syche katana III. But it's very near case side, almost touches it. Is it fine?

If it doesn't actually touch it, is fine. It it did, be ready to deal with the vibration.