Windows Garbage Display only on Sony TV?

koji

I bought a brand new Sony TV Model: 55X80K / X80K 2022 series.

My problem is that it shows garbage display when using my desktop PC, (R7 5800X, RTX3070, Win10), it displays on the TV fine when I'm on my desktop bios and when I try my Windows 11 laptop.

It would be a hassle to reinstall Windows on my main PC just because of that. Any other fix that I can try?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

What is garbage display?

Like color, resolution, aspect ratio, screen not fitting on the tv,...?

On 9/28/2022 at 6:05 PM, jaslion said:

What is garbage display?

Like color, resolution, aspect ratio, screen not fitting on the tv,...?

DSCF2476.jpg

Something similar to this.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

I have the EXACT same issue, I updated the firmware on a <6 month old sony XR65X90CJ and have the same issue. Except I cannot get my win-11 laptop to display either.

Now I get to wait for Sony to send a tech for a "maybe this will fix it" board swap. this thing is less than 6 months old. It's pathetic.

I'd love to see LTT do a video on this. or at least see if they can reproduce it. though I dont want to purposely have someone else brick their TV. so much e-waste..

EDIT: it may be specifically the PKG6.5942.0698NAA firmware update.

It works for a nintendo switch, but not any PC plugged in. It will show the BIOS splash screen, but as soon as windows loads, it goes to a modern art piece of blocky colors and lines.

Edited by Takonaut
clarificaiton

On 9/30/2022 at 4:18 AM, jaslion said:

And the hdmi port on your pc works fine on another fisplay?

Yes, works fine on my monitor

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Sony sent me a new CK model (2022 model) TV.

It has the exact same problem out of the box. it will display the BIOS just fine, but once it boots to windows, everything scrambles to blocks of lines and colors.

NEW tv problem.jpg

2nd Update:

I tried using a displayport to HDMI adaptor, which caused some weird overlay. then I forced windows to attempt HDR output, swapped back to SDR and then I was able to get picture again once I swapped back to HDMI only.

I dont know if that will fix anyone else's issues, but it may have corrected mine? I still need to test some things.