Using Windows 10 after 2025

surferboii

Hi everyone, new member here(experienced Tech Guy). What happens after 2025 when Windows 10 will stop receiving updates? I really like Windows 10’s design and don’t really want to move to Windows 11 (have used it already)

surfer♡

i might love tech a bit too much

I bet it will be like running Windows 7 now. It will keep working, but no longer get new security updates, and software support will gradually peter out as the rest of the world migrates to APIs that don't get backported to it.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

9 minutes ago, SurferX said:

Hi everyone, new member here(experienced Tech Guy). What happens after 2025 when Windows 10 will stop receiving updates? I really like Windows 10’s design and don’t really want to move to Windows 11 (have used it already)

Windows 12 will be out before then, so don't worry. 12 should fix everything and be the new standard, like usual.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

9 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Windows 12 will be out before then, so don't worry. 12 should fix everything and be the new standard, like usual.

So you’re saying Windows 12 will have the option to revert back to old Windows design? Or a new design that I and many others don’t hate?

surfer♡

i might love tech a bit too much

2 minutes ago, SurferX said:

So you’re saying Windows 12 will have the option to revert back to old Windows design? Or a new design that I and many others don’t hate?

Yes most likely

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

8 minutes ago, SurferX said:

Nobody outside Microsoft knows.

Just remember, a lot of people said the same thing when Windows 8 dumped Aero Glass for the flat design.

And when Vista dumped Luna for Aero Glass.

And when XP introduced Luna and made it the default instead of the traditional Windows 98 interface.

That's why there are tools like Classic Shell, so the kicking-and-screaming crowd can have their XP Start Menu back. "New Windows includes x and x sucks because it's different therefore New Windows sucks" has been the tech curmudgeon's mantra since Windows 2.0 introduced overlapping resizable windows.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.