Plex subs shown only on Android...

QwarK

Hi!

I've managed to built myself a new server and installed plex. I disabled the transcoding since the CPU isn't up to the task. I've created optimized versions of movies for better compatibility. Installed SubZero subtitles plugin which works great, I can search for subs on client apps.

The issue I have is that when subs are downloaded, I'm able to select them BUT only on my android phone (android devices I suppose) the subs are displayed. On my Tizen Samsung TV and even in WEB Browser client they don't show up! I see them(in selection menu), I can select them but they don't show up in movies, otherwise this works perfectly on android client.

I tried messing with permissions on my Truenas but if the permissions would be a problem then they wouldn't work on android client too.

I've heard that LTT forum community is legit, so here I am in my dispair, please save me from this excruciating pain on my a**....

Kind regards

Hmm I have never experienced that personally with my Plex server. (Running on a windows machine) Have you attempted to enable subtitles while the media is playing vs before starting it? Also I know the Tizen app for plex seems to have more issues then others in my experience. 

The way I do subtitles is either burned into the .mp4 or a subtitle file in the same folder with the same name as the movie. This works across all devices I have used.