anna-lee

Budget (including currency): $4000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming and streaming 

im looking to build a PC so I can stream on twitch and play at the same time 

this is my build so far: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FyWRC6 

I bought the cooler and the power 

im so lost on what motherboard to get 

I want an ASUS one 

and how can I tell if the motherboard and the GPU will fit in the case as well or should I get a bigger case 

help me plz ❤️

Mucho money thrown out of the window... no one except overclockers need a 12900ks nor anyone except video editors need a 3090 and 64GB RAM 

But it's good except the crappy case, get some lian li one

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Seems incomplete, and you can do better for less money... Basically my build with your card and a PSU upgrade to support it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/An0maly1976/saved/Ggpkf7

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 12:35 PM, An0maly_76 said:

Seems incomplete, and you can do better for less money... Basically my build with your card and a PSU upgrade to support it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/An0maly1976/saved/Ggpkf7

ok I fixed the build a little.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4VjN9r

I need to build it around the [CPU cooler, the power supply and the PC case] cuz I have them already in hand, I can't change those.

so all Im missing is what motherbored will fit the case and have the most options I need for everything and I like one with wifi as well.

will the GPU that I chose fit the case? with the cooler.

cuz I know 100% the cooler will fit [shown in this video here]

whats a good storage to get as well.

On 9/17/2022 at 11:27 AM, PDifolco said:

Mucho money thrown out of the window... no one except overclockers need a 12900ks nor anyone except video editors need a 3090 and 64GB RAM 

But it's good except the crappy case, get some lian li one

^ I posted an update any ideas 

On 9/17/2022 at 12:46 PM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Abhorrent cooler, psu, and gpu choice you can do far better

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DtdVbK

If you insist on aio then get a liquid freezer ii 360 argb, it will completely annihilate that sad overpriced excuse of an aio

2 hours ago, anna-lee said:

I still see the 12900KS, the cooler maybe made of gold, the crap MSI case and the budget monitor for a $4000 build ...

You should just wait for the new 13th gen, but if you insist I'd suggest that instead , kick ass build :

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mgBGtn

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700KF 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($375.43 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 RGB 48.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($148.88 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MEG Z690 UNIFY ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($419.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Kingston FURY Beast 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40 Memory  ($156.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($219.99 @ Western Digital) 
Video Card: Zotac AMP Extreme Holo GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB Video Card  ($899.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL III ATX Mid Tower Case  ($154.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX1200 Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($235.22 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32.0" 3840 x 2160 165 Hz Curved Monitor  ($1099.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $3711.47
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-10-06 05:33 EDT-0400

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

17 hours ago, anna-lee said:

ok I fixed the build a little.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4VjN9r

I need to build it around the [CPU cooler, the power supply and the PC case] cuz I have them already in hand, I can't change those.

so all Im missing is what motherbored will fit the case and have the most options I need for everything and I like one with wifi as well.

will the GPU that I chose fit the case? with the cooler.

cuz I know 100% the cooler will fit [shown in this video here]

whats a good storage to get as well.

@anna-lee

Case fits 340mm max, your GPU is 406.4mm and will not fit. You need a larger case. I used the Fractal Pop XL Air for my build, it fits GPUs up to 455mm, PSUs up to 205mm, 360mm front / 280mm top rads, respectively, and breathes well. I rather enjoyed building in it. If you get one of these, I swapped the included Fractal fans for a Corsair setup I already had, if you or anyone else needs them, make me an offer, plus shipping costs.

Storage, I tend to recommend WD from a bang-for-the-buck standpoint. I use the SN550 / SN570 series M.2s, and Crucial makes decent 2.5 / 3.5 SSDs from my understanding. I have a Silicon Power A55 in a 2nd-gen Intel, but that's SATA, as Ivy Bridge doesn't support PCIe boot.

And unless you just don't have the space for a regular SSD / HDD, SATA M.2s aren't really worth it either, because they're no faster than a 2.5 / 3.5 SSD. M.2 is really only worth it with PCIe, but don't go crazy on PCIe4, though, over 3,500 mbps you really won't notice much of a speed increase. PCIe3 will do just fine.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!